• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to install USB DRIVERS on a mac?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, running 4.0.4 with xwlpy build number

I have a wine wrapped version of ODIN, the correct tar file for my build. Now I just need the mac to recognise the Galaxy when it's in download mode. But can't quite get it to work.

Any ideas? My phone has ODIN MODE Product name, Custom Binary Download Yes (1 counts), Custom Binary Samsung Official.

And then Downloading, do not turn off the target.

I think you will run into problems using wine with hardware drivers. Have you tried Heimdall with your Mac directly?

Thanks for that, although I get an error message now.

When saving the PIT file, I get this;
(Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Claiming interface...
ERROR: Claiming interface failed)

Also, the firmware I downloaded doesn't seem to want to work with Heimdall :S

Upvote 0
As far as I know Odin does not work on a mac. But I could be very wrong. Also as Early said you don't need the USB drivers for a Mac. I would suggest running windows in virtual box or borrow a windows computer. I own a Mac and know how hard some of this stuff could be with a Mac, I don't have an S2 to test stuff out o though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones