• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to load the backup ROM?. any ideas?

cnopbl

Lurker
May 15, 2014
Hello everyone. First of all sorry but my english its no so good :s
Guys have a rca tablet model rct6378w2 that stays stuck on the logo when i turn it. How I do to load the ROM.
i downloaded the rom from the link from androidcustom18 but i dont know how to do with the next files:

boot.img
checksum.md5
recovery.img
system.info.gz
system.tar

who supposed to do with these files?
Please help me i

Reactions: androidcustom18
I havent bricked mine yet so i havent done it yet, but i think using adb is your best bet. When you get into recovery you can use the sideload option. I myself am getting familiar with adb. There is a bunch of forums that can guide you, but you should be able to zip all these files up and flash the stock rom back. I also would like to hear more about this.

Upvote 0
I havent bricked mine yet so i havent done it yet, but i think using adb is your best bet. When you get into recovery you can use the sideload option. I myself am getting familiar with adb. There is a bunch of forums that can guide you, but you should be able to zip all these files up and flash the stock rom back. I also would like to hear more about this.

I am a newbie to all this stuff. I appreciate your uploaded files, but can't seem to get my tablet to show up on the device list for ADB. I think this is because I don't have a working USB driver. I can't seem to get the generic one to work, and I think it is because I did not have USB debugging enabled. Is there any way to enable this on a tablet that does not boot?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones