• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [How-to] Overclock that survives a reboot

Yes, all the files are still there...

I was having similar issues like you, even droider13 tried to walk me through it and we could not figure out why it wasn't working.

I ended up doing the root explorer way, pretty simple--just a different way. Worked the first time....and I am not saying this other method doesn't work--it clearly does, I just didn't feel like troubleshooting.

Upvote 0
I was having similar issues like you, even droider13 tried to walk me through it and we could not figure out why it wasn't working.

I ended up doing the root explorer way, pretty simple--just a different way. Worked the first time....and I am not saying this other method doesn't work--it clearly does, I just didn't feel like troubleshooting.

Hey, troubleshooting is how I learned:)

Upvote 0
I appear to be stable running these values:

11000000 at 60
9000000 at 50
6000000 at 40
3000000 at 30

That is running the same 1.1 at 60 as previously suggested, a bump from 800 to 900 on the 2nd band, and then the stock speeds with a little taken off the voltage side for the lower bands. My thinking is that this - I'll get a boost of extra power when I need it, but then let the device run at stock speeds when demand is lower.

Again, stock settings are:
10000000 66
8000000 57
6000000 44
3000000 32

Upvote 0

Lol that's the only way I know. It was working until I moved the files around and did a reboot.

Upvote 0
just when you think after days of trying different clock speeds and voltages that you FINALLY GOT STABLE!.... CRASSSSHHHHH (at the worst time ever too). haha god.... need a real stability test program - cpu stress tests have run for hours no crash, then like...lol random call...oops lock up. WTB the answer to life

Ya know I am sure we will see more stability when we get those custom kernels:D
Then this thread is going to look stupid

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones