• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to play flash/swf file?

prateek497

Lurker
May 14, 2012
I am trying to play swf file in android 4.0.3 tablet. Emulator is just showing some box and Device showing the black screen. I am using API 15 and the code is given below
Code:
public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {

super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);
        WebView wv = new WebView(this);
        WebSettings webSettings = wv.getSettings();
        webSettings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
        webSettings.setPluginState(WebSettings.PluginState.ON);
        webSettings.setPluginsEnabled(true);
        wv.loadUrl("file:///android_asset/demo.swf");
        setContentView(wv);
 }

I already add android:hardwareAccelerated = "true" in the manifest file and also checked after installing flash player in emulator as well as in device.

I am trying to play swf file in android 4.0.3 tablet. Emulator is just showing some box and Device showing the black screen. I am using API 15 and the code is given below
Code:

setContentView(wv);
 }

I already add android:hardwareAccelerated = "true" in the manifest file and also checked after installing flash player in emulator as well as in device.
Hey prateek497 :)
Welcome to Android Forums!
I thought flash was going dead-especially with ICS let alone JB:thinking:
Yeah I am behind the time being still on GB:mad:
Have you looked for any converter software:thinking:
If I may ask-what is the file:thinking:

Upvote 0
Code:

setContentView(wv);
 }

Have you tried to use Browser?

Upvote 0
Some android devices cannot play .swf files. According to Android official site, Android system supports files like H.263, H.264, 3GP, MP4, WMV, MPEG-4, MP3, WAV, .OGG, AAC, WMA, AMR, JPG,GIF,PNG,BMP etc. If your android does not have advanced parameters, it may fail to play .swf files. You may install an android player or plugin to play it.

If if you do not object do some conversion of your files, you may convert .swf files to popular formats like .mp3 or .mp4 to play them on android. There are many free tool can do it on the internet. But you need to figure out by yourself. If you prefer a detailed guide on how to solve it, you may try Cicever SWF to Android Converter. It is a free guide and the software is very easy to use and professional. Hope this can be helpful for all the readers here.

Reactions: marketing
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones