• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to remove an icon?

liquidmonkey

Jun 18, 2010
i have a really annoying icon in my notifications bar (at the top).
the icon is from my mobile supplier in sweden (GLOCALNET) and looks like a sim card with a settings icon (gear wheel) in the lower corner.

i asked glocalnet and they said it has to do with google so it was a classic cooperate run around answer.

anyway, any ideas on how to get rid of this? without rooting of course.

A screenshot would confirm this, but it sounds like it's the icon that appears while the SD card is being scanned for media... I could be mistaken about that.

I'd go into any media apps, such as Gallery, Music, etc, and clear data and cache (after backing up what you want to keep), then reboot to see if that remedies the issue.

Upvote 0
The icon relates to 'sim toolkit' This means that it relates to settings regarding answer phone set-up customer service quick dial and network provider services... this normally needs setting/clearing when first setting up the phone... not sure how to get rid of it other than seeing if it appears in your settings page and un-check it from there.

Upvote 0
yes, 'sim toolkit' makes sense.
but when i touch it (when i drop down the notifications bar) nothing happens.
seems to be like a total bug on the part of my mobile phone sim supplier but as i mentioned, they are giving me the total coorporate run around.

and i have been unable to find this thing in any of the settings :(

Upvote 0
yes, 'sim toolkit' makes sense.
but when i touch it (when i drop down the notifications bar) nothing happens.
seems to be like a total bug on the part of my mobile phone sim supplier but as i mentioned, they are giving me the total coorporate run around.

and i have been unable to find this thing in any of the settings :(

I've had a look on my stock 2.2 Desire and all I can find is :

Go to your sms location,>menu>settings, in the storage settings page you should have 'Manage sim card messages', from here you should find any sim related messages that need your attention.

Hope this points you in the right direction...

Upvote 0
I've had a look on my stock 2.2 Desire and all I can find is :

Go to your sms location,>menu>settings, in the storage settings page you should have 'Manage sim card messages', from here you should find any sim related messages that need your attention.

Hope this points you in the right direction...

no luck there but thanks for trying!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones