1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to remove the deleted videos from the phone?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by TestKing1994, Mar 24, 2020.

1. TestKing1994

TestKing1994 Lurker

[​IMG]

I downloaded a video and then I deleted. But I noticed that when I'm in Line or Messenger apps, after clicking the sending icon, the gallery will pop up and the exclamation icon thumbnail of the deleted video is still there...My question is how do I remove since Ive already deleted the video?[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Probably just a cached file list. The "!" indicates it can't see the file to preview it, so it's deleted. I'd just clear your cache for the phone and the file manager, and then reboot your phone.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  3. TestKing1994

TestKing1994 Lurker

Since I'm using Xiaomi 8, I cleared the cache by using the cleaner app and rebooting my phone, but the exclamation thumbnail are still there.... What shall I do?

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Go to the gallery app and clear cache and data for that. FWIW, i'm pretty sure that "cleaner" app on Xiaomi phones is a re-skinned "Clean Master" which is essentially Chinese spyware.

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah i do not trust cleaner apps anyways. just go into settings>apps>gallery>clear cache

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds like the gallery app on your phone or tablet is not updating itself when content is deleted. Clearing its cache and data should force it to re-scan and index.