• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to reset access to Location permission in Android Lollipop?

zooter

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
I'm developing an Android app and my application asks for access to turn on Location - during testing I pressed "Never" and I didn't realize this meant NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Even an uninstall and reinstall of the app still stores the permission somewhere. How can I clear this out so that my app asks for access to Turn on Location?

Thanks in advance

Android Lollipop, but I found out the answer to this. I cleared the data for the following Apps - Google Maps, Google Play Services and Location Services and that fixed the problem...I didn't have time to investigate which of these is the actual service that stores this information. Hope somebody finds this useful

Thanks for the update! I'd wager to guess that it was the location services that did the trick.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones