• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to return to 2.3.4 after Fryo Root without service

JSarv

Lurker
Jan 29, 2012
I have an Incredible 1 that had the gingerbread OS, I downgraded to 2.2 and rooted. My S is off and my root is functional, I tried reflashing a new rom but I do believe that because I'm on a 2.2 OS it is glitching during the reflash.

This phone is purely used for play on wifi and bluetooth to my jeep radio for music. Nothing else. I have the radio shut off on it and no service to Verizon.

How to I upgrade to a 2.3.4 OS to reflash new roms with my S-Off and No service provider?

... Confused....

describe the problems your having during the flash,as not being activated,and being no froyo should both NOT prohibit the flashing of any custom rom in recovery,or flashing an RUU in hboot.

since youre s-off,you should be able to run the GB ruu,or install a custom rom with no prollem :)

Upvote 0
Essentially it was getting halfway through installation of a rom and stopping, but I managed to get 2.2 loaded back and use wifi to get rom manager and do it through rom manager. Problem solved.

I do have one more question, since this phone will ONLY be used for WIFI and BlueTooth, is there anyway to disable any and all radio functions to have extended battery life?

Running CM7 currently and I'm not sure how to do such thing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones