• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Root Insignia Flex

Hello! I want to root a Insignia flex 7 NS-15AT07, I don't know how to use ADB or SDK, I tried many times without luck, I don't even know how to use it. Is there an easy way to root it? Or can anyone explain to me how to set and run SDK or ADB?Any help would be appreciated. Also, I can't find the USB drivers. Please help! Thank you very much!

Reactions: Dewey
Upvote 0
hi
i am rooting my insignia flex
i followed all steps
disabled windows driver signing
but am unable to install the modded google usb driver
it shows best driver was already installed
using have disk method windows says make sure driver x64 based
both screenshots areattatched
any help??????

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
I'm attempting this on an NS-P11A8100. I'm *sort of* making progress. I get the unit to show in Device Manager, but it shows as a battery only, and no ability to transfer data.

I'm also using some of the instructions on http://grieve-smith.com/blog/2015/08/how-to-connect-an-insignia-ns-15at10-to-adb-on-windows/

Part of the problem, I think, is that this device doesn't give access to settings to enable USB data xfer. It's a really odd cookie. So I'm caught in a circle where I want to root, but need to transfer data to do so, but I can't because I'm not rooted, so I can't transfer data, which I could do if I were rooted...

*sigh*

Listed as a “Lurker!” That's funny.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones