• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To How to take a screenshot with the HTC One M9

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    This is one of the most common questions for any phone including the HTC One M9- how to take a screenshot. The M9 actually has 2 methods of taking screenshots, one of them brand new... let's have a look:

The easiest way to take a screenshot is:
    1. Visit the screen you want to capture
    2. Hold down the power button and volume down button
    3. You'll hear a shutter sound and the screenshot will be added to your notification bar
    You can also add a "Screenshot" quick setting:
    1. Swipe your notification bar down twice to bring up quick settings
    2. Tap the paper and pencil icon in the top right to edit the quick settings options
    3. Scroll down until you see the "Screenshot" option
    4. Long press and drag the "Screenshot" option to the top panel of icons
    You'll now be able to take a screenshot from your quick settings by double swiping down and tapping the quick settings option.

As dumb as it is to have 3 ways to perform the same function, I wondered this too! :D
    Like @Hadron said in customizing navbar thread - it's all about muscle memory.

I like power + home for that reason, and I built that muscle memory because it's the standard.

If they really wanted to provide an easy third way, they'd adopt the power menu, a very popular root modification.

1425756774617.jpg

I've customized mine even further but you can see the advantage to the swipe swipe chicken dance lol.

Reactions: KOLIO
    Upvote 0
    Power + volume is the old HTC screen shot - but they used to retain the Android power + home . Wonder if they still will?
    That's actually backwards - Power + Volume Down is the standard Android screenshot functionality (dating back to ICS, I believe). HTC implemented the Power + Home screenshot back in the days of Gingerbread, if memory serves. I remember adding the functionality to some custom ROMs for Supersonic.

Reactions: EarlyMon
    Upvote 0
    That's actually backwards - Power + Volume Down is the standard Android screenshot functionality (dating back to ICS, I believe). HTC implemented the Power + Home screenshot back in the days of Gingerbread, if memory serves. I remember adding the functionality to some custom ROMs for Supersonic.
    TIL that I got that backwards.

I plead temporary insanity. :D

I remember needing root for the Supersonic and using the SDK trick on my 3vo after that, as I've always hated the volume - power trick.

Upvote 0
    I'm still saying my Verizon M9 does not have "Screenshot" choice in Quick Settings. I've double and triple checked and it isn't there. I would really like confirmation from another Verizon user.
    If you don't see it on your VZW M9,then they (VZW) had it omitted from their M9.
    VZW & AT&T are notorious for omitting options/settings/controls that are on other models of the same device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones