• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to turn of charger plugged/removed beep

replicnt6

Lurker
Dec 12, 2010
When I plug my Defy into the charger or unplug it, it beeps. This is annoying as I generally plug it in on the night table when I go to bed and if my wife is already asleep, it wakes her.

I saw a post somewhere that suggested that turning off SD Card Notifications would turn off the charger beep, but it doesn't on the Defy. A commenter said it stopped working when with the upgrade to android 2.1.

I've tried to search the app store, but have found nothing.

Any tips?

wow - thats a hell of a workaround :p

Does anyone knows any straight way? Maybe where this soundfile is located, or how is it generated?

Same question asked on the xda-developers forum, but no answer as yet though.

I'd be interested to know too, as I also find it annoying. Well, it actually annoys my wife as it also wakes her since I tend to sleep later than she does. I'm currently switching it to silent before the charger is attached or removed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones