• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Unlock (and Root) the Bell Galaxy S2. Step by Step Guide

Reactions: Soulslayer
Upvote 0
The latest Bell, Canadian, modem is I9100MUGMA5.

My baseband version is I9100XXMS4, i'm just not sure of the file I need, I can't seem to find download links...

I found it!!! woohoo!! thanks!!

ok i thought I found it, i got this http://d-h.st/UTN but when i load it from in the phone it says can't open it (bad)

ok so I got the file, it was a bad download the first time, it installed no problem and I can call out and get calls, but when i call out i can see the phone number pad for about 2 seconds, then my screen goes black and I can't talk or use the UI at all, but my landline rings and even tells me what number it's coming from. to stop the call i have to yank the battery...

Upvote 0
"i load it from in the phone it says can't open it" :thinking:

Please explain.

Sorry I should have explained that better.

When I go to make a call I can see the number pad, I key in the phone number I want to call and I hit the call button to start the call. Almost right away my screen goes black, but the phone does dial out. My land line phone rings and it displays my cell number. BUT I can't stop the call from my cell phone, the screen is black and pressing any buttons on the phone won't bring the screen back. To stop the call I have to pull the battery out. It did this even before I installed the modem file, I'm thinking the modem file is good because the call does go through.

The thing that I don't understand is that it never did this the first time I used the NeatROM. The first time I installed neat ROM earlier in the week it was all fine(was not a full wipe install), but then my phone went into a booting loop. I figured it had to be something with the fact that I never did the full wipe and install. So yesterday I did the full wipe and install, but now my phone does this when I make calls out...

Any Ideas what this could be? Should I try another ROM instead? If so what other ROM should I use?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Oops, sorry about that. Had my phone in download mode and used Odin. I left all the settings alone and used the phone field to browse to it.

OK. Try installing the modem .tar file again, using Odin and CP. After installation, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache in Recovery. See if that helps. Failing that, use your nandroid to return to your old modem and NEAT firmware.

Reactions: Soulslayer
Upvote 0
OK. Try installing the modem .tar file again, using Odin and CP. After installation, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache in Recovery. See if that helps. Failing that, use your nandroid to return to your old modem and NEAT firmware.

Thank you very much for all your help Ironass, I tried what you said but my backup seems to be corrupt and I can't see how I could ever find the stock modem and neat firmware online for my phone. My phone is only $125 to buy out, so I think I might go to the cell shop and grab a new android phone they have super deals on the S4 right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones