• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to up grade to a new phone without paying full price?

Robert7107

Android Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2011
cameron park ca
I am with Verizon and not eligible for a up grade till 5/12/13 how do I up grade without paying full price? I have the droid bionic and though it is ok I would really like to get the samsung galaxy 3..... got my bionic becaues I needed a phone a.s.ap..... my other phone went out a software problem and they didn't have it in stock at all so I basically had to get a phone or do without which wasn't a choice......

Several Options here

1. Wait. I know it sucks but it isn't that far off.

2. Go to another carrier and take a deal there.

3. If you have a multiline account and one of the other lines is available for an upgrade, you can swipe it. I've always been on an account with my mom since high school (I'm 31 now). At first it was necessary, now it's just cheaper. She doesn't even know how to text so I get a new phone every ten months or so unless her "just a phone" dies-though I am officially ending this practice due the data policies at VZW.

4. Pay full price. It sucks, I know but there are advantages. If you have unlimited data, the only way to keep it is to buy a phone at full price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones