• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to: Update your baseband to FC29 (Boost only) (Link is back up)

take the link down!!!! it's not yours to share
Penguinrepair gave it to you for testing. not to share with the community yet.

and you could at least give credit to him for making it.. :mad:

now he doesn't want to give anything to AF because of this

WTF Really, A discreet PM would have said alot more.

Reactions: BLuFeNiX
Upvote 0
question..? how would one go about checking the md5 before starting this whole process? I'd prefer to be safer than sorry.

Originally Posted by BLuFeNiX in the opening post

Code:
/system/bin/rmt_storage

md5sum /sdcard/basebandFC29.img
Make sure the output of the above command matches this MD5: 301801afa7d43b07c2c0febb447ce46b
If it doesn't match, STOP THIS PROCESS. Re-download the file and start over from the beginning. If everything looks good, continue with the following commands:

Upvote 0
2 questions.

1) How would I revert back to the old baseband from the bak it makes?

and

2) How to remove CWM again?

I'm trying to get the official 2.3.6 update to see if these issues go away.

I was using ChoznJuan's 2.3.6 with Bobz's kernal and this baseband update.
But I was having issues. Everyone had the settings>status FC. But my camera would freeze alot while using it. Very irritating.

I currently went back to my CWM 2.3.4 backup and it removed Bobz's kernal and put CIQ back. But of coarse the baseband stayed FC29. Some how the screen fix stayed. Weird but cool.

Also did anyone notice the new update uses more of your system space? I have 100mb free but with ChoznJuans I have 84mb free. (I did move his apps he put in sys too, the DSP, Launcher, etc...)

So I'm just wanting to stock OTA update to 2.3.6 so I can gripe at Samsung for any issues after the update. :)

TIA
Pete

Upvote 0
1) How would I revert back to the old baseband from the bak it makes?
Repeat steps 1-3, and then run these two commands in the ADB shell:
Code:
/system/bin/rmt_storage
dd if=/sdcard/baseband.bak of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
then you can exit

2) How to remove CWM again?

I'm trying to get the official 2.3.6 update to see if these issues go away.

I was using ChoznJuan's 2.3.6 with Bobz's kernal and this baseband update.
But I was having issues. Everyone had the settings>status FC. But my camera would freeze alot while using it. Very irritating.

I currently went back to my CWM 2.3.4 backup and it removed Bobz's kernal and put CIQ back. But of coarse the baseband stayed FC29. Some how the screen fix stayed. Weird but cool.

Also did anyone notice the new update uses more of your system space? I have 100mb free but with ChoznJuans I have 84mb free. (I did move his apps he put in sys too, the DSP, Launcher, etc...)

So I'm just wanting to stock OTA update to 2.3.6 so I can gripe at Samsung for any issues after the update. :)

TIA
Pete

If you want to go back to 2.3.4 stock, either use Odin: http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/517341-odin-flashing-return-stock-samsung-transform-ultra.html
or use chevanlol360's stock ROM: http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/488661-first-stock-rom-samsung-transform-ultra.html?highlight=stock

Upvote 0
BLueFeNiX, I've done this sucessfully several times in terminal emulator as well..

Instructions:
check the md5sum on your computer
Put file on your sdcatd just like stated in the op
unmount from computer
Open Terminal Emulator
Code:
$ su

# dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/baseband.bak

# dd if=/sdcard/basebandFC29.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6

# reboot
Phone will reboot and baseband will be FC29 in Setttings > About Phone > Baseband

Reactions: PH8AL and BLuFeNiX
Upvote 0
BLueFeNiX, I've done this sucessfully several times in terminal emulator as well..

Instructions:
check the md5sum on your computer
Put file on your sdcatd just like stated in the op
unmount from computer
Open Terminal Emulator
Code:
$ su

# dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/baseband.bak

# dd if=/sdcard/basebandFC29.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6

# reboot
Phone will reboot and baseband will be FC29 in Setttings > About Phone > Baseband

Could someone please upload their old baseband backup? I was getting much better speeds on that baseband but I flashed via OTA and I doubt samsung stock updater made a backup. Can you flash baseband backups across two different boost transforms or will it brick the phone?

Upvote 0
Could someone please upload their old baseband backup? I was getting much better speeds on that baseband but I flashed via OTA and I doubt samsung stock updater made a backup. Can you flash baseband backups across two different boost transforms or will it brick the phone?

I think I have a backup of my old baseband on my sdcard. If someone else with a backup can tell me what their MD5 is (so I can confirm that I have a good copy), I will post a download to the old baseband.

Also, flashing basebands from different phones is perfectly fine (at least for the TU).

Upvote 0
I think I have a backup of my old baseband on my sdcard. If someone else with a backup can tell me what their MD5 is (so I can confirm that I have a good copy), I will post a download to the old baseband.

Also, flashing basebands from different phones is perfectly fine (at least for the TU).

Here is my MD5

08AE74923413B4674F361E92598EA221

Upvote 0
Sinc no one appears to have a backup what is the worst that can happen if I flash my backup and it is bad? I don't wantto brick it as I use it for work.

I'm not sure. Hopefully it would just stop you from making calls or something, and you could flash the working baseband back again. I'm not sure if integrity of the baseband is checked before the phone boots. I would ask some of the more experienced devs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones