• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to use Tasker to auto click on notifications

I've never done it.

The approach to learning Tasker is to start out simple and keep adding to what you have created ... test it ... tweak it ... and then add some more.

There are additional capabilities available to Tasker users on a root-ed device and of course that brings in a new collection of concerns.

Do something and see what happens ... post the question here ... use export description to clipboard and p[ase it into your post here.

Always remember abeter making a change to exit Tasker and choose Save First. This coordinates the change throughout Tasker.

... Thom

Upvote 0
it is a single wimple task indeed. You need Tasker and Notification Listener (full version to have Gestures accessible). In Tasker: Event>Plugin>Notification Listener>Posted + check relevant application. Task>name your task>Plugin>Gestures>Configuration>Notification Key: %nlkey , (type Button Name if needed) , check click on notification
Done

Upvote 0
it is a single wimple task indeed. You need Tasker and Notification Listener (full version to have Gestures accessible). In Tasker: Event>Plugin>Notification Listener>Posted + check relevant application. Task>name your task>Plugin>Gestures>Configuration>Notification Key: %nlkey , (type Button Name if needed) , check click on notification
Done
Woha! This works like a charm. I can really use this. Thanks.

I am wondering if it would be possible to export this as an app to share it with others. I know we can create apps out of tasks, but since we are using a profile and the notification listener, is it possible? if so, how?

Thanks,

Alex

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones