• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to use USB-C external mic with Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra on apps such as Zoom and WhatsApp?

bkchng

Lurker
Oct 24, 2011
Hi! Is there a way to force the USB-C external mic to be used with my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra on apps such as Zoom and WhatsApp? I could not find the setting on these apps nor in the system settings, and it's really frustrating.
Ideally, I'd like to use my bluetooth true wireless earbuds as speakers, and the USB-C mic as the microphone.

Thanks!

I have never seen a mic by itself with USB-C. You may need to get a USB-A to USB-C adapter.

You may just need to get a cheap USB mic from Walmart or NewEgg and try it out to see if it works.

One of my earlier Pixel phones came with USB-C headphone with mic and they work real well using Zoom on my phone
https://store.google.com/us/product/usb_c_earbuds?hl=en-US

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. I have this with me now: AP004 Wireless Lavalier Microphone for iPhone 14 pro Android - USB C Mini Wireless Lavalier Microphone for Recording, Vlogging (No App or Bluetooth Required)

Anyway, my question was not about what type of mic to use with my phone, but rather:

Is there a way to force the USB-C external mic to be used with my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra on apps such as Zoom and WhatsApp? I could not find the setting on these apps nor in the system settings, and it's really frustrating.
To be clear, I would like:

Audio input: USB-C External Mic
Audio output: My Samsung Galaxy Buds (I do not want to use the mic on my galaxy buds as they suck)

Thanks for any suggestions!

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones