• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Verify if HTC Legend (Bell) is unlocked?

loudbliss

Lurker
Jan 13, 2011
Hi,
I bought an unlock code and followed the instructions to unlock my HTC Legend from Bell (put a different SIM, power On, put Lock code).
I never got a confirmation message after that and don't know how to verify if my phone is indeed unlocked or not.
All I know is that the phone doesn't work yet, and I have no signal/reception.

Any help?

As extra info I bought the phone from Bell, and now I'm trying to use it in Dominican Republic with Orange Dominicana (France Telecom). The SIM works perfectly in other Orange Dom devices

Thanks for the help

I'm happy to share good news. Found help in another androidforums.com post.

From "anandroiduser"
Check that the right mobile network is selected.

1. On the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap Wireless & networks > Mobile network settings > Network operators.

NOW, it may take you a couple of tries to get your network. The first time I clicked gave me an error and no results, the second time got me only another network, the sixth time it found Orange. Click on it and voila! It's going to be working in less than 10 secs.

Hope it helps

Upvote 0
Well, I'm having a similar problem. i have paid for and received the unlock code for my phone and entered it when prompted after inserting a Telus Simcard. The first time i entered the code in I received a "incorrect code" pop up window, but I was prompted to reenter the code. the second time, I didn't see any response after I hit enter. The Telus card doesn't seem to be working, nor can I see any other available networks (i did see "Rogers" once, but after a reboot of the phone, its no longer available.

Is there any other method available to verify if my HTC Legend is indeed unlocked?
I'm travelling in the near future and would like to know that my phone is indeed unlocked so I can make plans to purchase a sim card in my destinitaoitn country, rather than having to purchase a pay as you go phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones