• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How-to Video posted : HTC Droid Eris Digitizer replacement

skittlegirl

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
CA
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum.
A couple of weeks ago I dropped my Droid Eris and broke the screen. I was so shocked but then found this forum by googling. It's cool that this forum has a lot of useful information! After reading some threads related to broken screen, I went to two local Verizon stores to see if I can have it replaced. Unfortunately I didn't have insurance, so I was told that I could get a officially refurbished Droid Eris for $170!:eek: It's almost double the phone's price when I got it (I got it for $99 with contract).

I thought about using professional repair service for a little over $100. But I thought it's still a bit expensive. Since fortunately I could learn how to disassemble the phone on the internet, I decided to do it by myself. (I purchased the replacement digitizer from eBay for $55.)

And I could successfully (but not as beautiful as it could be lol) replace the digitizer:D. I'm super-amateur and I've never fixed anything like this high-tech stuff before. I've never had H6 driver and didn't know it exists.:eek:

I recorded a video when I did this for my reference, but I thought that there might be some people who can use it as well. So I uploaded it on Youtube.
YouTube - HTC Droid Eris - How to replace the broken digitizer (Touch screen)

I hope this could help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones