• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire doesn't start up following deleting photos - HELP !!

biffco

Lurker
Mar 31, 2013
My HTC Desire came up with a warning that the memory is nearly full and so I removed the micro SD memory card and put it into my PC. I deleted some of my unwanted photo's to free up some space. (I also opened some of the other files but didn't delete anything.) I then put the SD card in to the phone and turned it back on. The phone then loaded up the White HTC screen, followed by the 'Orange shooting stars' screen, followed by the Orange logo, but the the phone loops back to the White HTC screen and 'Orange shooting stars' Screen.

What have I done ?? And how do I fix it ?

It makes no difference if I try to start up the phone without the SD card inserted .

My 2 year contract is up on thursday ! so could I still return it to HTC / Orange ?

Thanks in advance for your help !!

First things first, deleting anything from your sd card will not effect the memory problem. The memory warning was referring to the phones internal user data memory which is only 147mb. To free up space you would need to move apps to the sd, delete apps, clear cache, clear app data or a combination of those.

This kind of boot loop could be due to the processor overheating in which case you should take the phone back as it comes with a 2 year warranty.

Alternatively you might be able to clear cache or perform a factory reset from recovery which might help if it is the low storage issue causing the problem.

As it is still under warranty I recommend you talk to Orange first before you do anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones