• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire G2 helpful tips

Hi one and all
After much searching, and finally resolving the issue myself, I felt compelled to write a few tips that I came across on my search for my HTC G2, Desire. no sound for notifications, emails.
After my upgrade 2.2.1 to 2.3.4 and a Rom Change to Cyanogenmode 7.10
I was experiencing some difficulties, with my Sound notifications,
In coming Call I would a DSP manager error, (I hadn't even used it):mad:
and out going calls were the same, with some annoying static, hmmm..

I then started receiving random sound, like work days when I usually wanted the phone to be quiet, and then when I was at home the phone was silent again. I figured it could be a third party app, that might be causing it something with a clock,/ time attached to it.

So I uninstalled a few apps, that I felt were relevant to the situation
I also went through the phone and checked out all the area's repeatedly where something could have been checked or unchecked that maybe causing this craziness.

After turning everything off even my alarm clock, and uninstalling yet a few more apps. I was woken up @ 6:30 am Sunday morning to my alarm going off. :eek: OK well that really had me wonder what the heck was going on.

So now for the stuff I discovered (Sorry for the Long and winded) info
but I figured maybe it will help someone else.

This nifty discovery I am not sure how many people know about this
Go to Menu, settings, and then Profiles you can create profile for work, home school etc. so your phone will behave different according to the settings. Not sure if this is standard or part of Cyanogenmodes package
But it is worth a look at if you have a life style that requires you to be in a bunch of different places.

Also just a fluke, :D when I was powering off my phone, I noticed in the box where you selecting reboot etc. it says phone silent or ON etc.
Well mine was in silent mode. don't have a clue how it got that way after everything I had done I even checked all my settings for Volume, and notificaitons and everything was full blast :rolleyes: But after touching that my phone then said on , and all my notifications came back OMG, I now have sound again.

Hope this is some help to someone out there,

Blessings
Moondaughter6

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones