• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Droid Eris Facebook Photo Sync People Problem

shame2

Lurker
Jun 6, 2011
I accidentally logged out of Facebook for HTC Sense and logged back in immediately. However, when doing so the phone removed the Facebook Photos from my contacts. I have done a factory reset on the phone (contacts were saved on my gmail account) and signed back into everything like before and like when I initially set up my phone. The phone recognizes that I am signed in as it imports my friends statuses but not their photographs. It won't even upload my facebook photo for my contact card. I have tried going to settings>accounts>fb for htc sense>sync and it syncs in less than 5 seconds and nothing changes. and all contacts are linked to the correct facebooks. PLEASE HELP!!

I accidentally logged out of Facebook for HTC Sense and logged back in immediately. However, when doing so the phone removed the Facebook Photos from my contacts. I have done a factory reset on the phone (contacts were saved on my gmail account) and signed back into everything like before and like when I initially set up my phone. The phone recognizes that I am signed in as it imports my friends statuses but not their photographs. It won't even upload my facebook photo for my contact card. I have tried going to settings>accounts>fb for htc sense>sync and it syncs in less than 5 seconds and nothing changes. and all contacts are linked to the correct facebooks. PLEASE HELP!!

I'm not sure if this will work, but give it a try.

First, go back into settings->accounts & sync and remove your Facebook account.

Now, on a PC browser, log in to your Facebook account. Go to Accounts (a drop down in the upper-right)->Privacy settings. Under "Apps you use", click the "Edit settings" button. Get rid of the one called HTC Sense. (You may have to hit "edit settings" and remove app, or just click the "x" - I can't remember. Whichever one gets HTC Sense out of that list.)

Now, back on the phone under settings->accounts & settings, try setting up the Facebook sync again. See if that helps. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll see if I can think of something else.

Moving this thread to "Support & Troubleshooting".

Upvote 0
I did as you instructed and still no luck - now it won't even let me see the majority of my friends photos on the actual facebook application. It is still importing the statuses from my friends as it is right below their names in my large contact list but it won't sync their photographs. It still won't even sync my own fb photo if i click on my contact card>edit>click on the little camera/photo> click facebook, it says loading and then as if it were done, clicks out of it but no photo. PLEASE ANY ADVICE !!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Actually, I just went back to stock and see that the same thing is happening with my FB contacts. I actually don't care about contact photos from FB, so I didn't notice at first.

It's very possible that Facebook has been changing their API and did something to break this functionality. You may just have to wait it out for the problem to be recognized and repaired.

Upvote 0
Actually, I just went back to stock and see that the same thing is happening with my FB contacts. I actually don't care about contact photos from FB, so I didn't notice at first.

It's very possible that Facebook has been changing their API and did something to break this functionality. You may just have to wait it out for the problem to be recognized and repaired.

I don't have any of the contacts through Facebook. If i go to people menu view, all i have clicked is Google Contacts. It was working perfectly until I accidentally clicked remove account when I was trying to add another gmail to my phone.!!! Any other ideas as to how to fix it?

Upvote 0
I don't have any of the contacts through Facebook. If i go to people menu view, all i have clicked is Google Contacts. It was working perfectly until I accidentally clicked remove account when I was trying to add another gmail to my phone.!!! Any other ideas as to how to fix it?

In contacts, menu->view. Make sure that Facebook is checked.

Upvote 0
In contacts, menu->view. Make sure that Facebook is checked.

I've never had to check my facebook friends before and I would prefer not to have to check that because if i did i would go from about 90 contacts to over a 1,000 contacts. I never had to do it before and I don't want to do that now, but I did try it and still no luck on the photos.

Upvote 0
Any news on this front? We just picked up a second Eris (cheap is a good price), activated it, rooted, xtrSENSE'd and configured accounts... Facebook won't sync at all, no contacts to even worry about attaching photos to. We went on my wife's Facebook and deleted the app permissions and reset the account but no change. I even did a backup and wiped it to try it from a clean flash of the ROM (before I came on here and discovered this thread, thought maybe I messed something up). It claims to be syncing something, but it's definitely not Facebook.

Upvote 0
Any news on this front? We just picked up a second Eris (cheap is a good price), activated it, rooted, xtrSENSE'd and configured accounts... Facebook won't sync at all, no contacts to even worry about attaching photos to. We went on my wife's Facebook and deleted the app permissions and reset the account but no change. I even did a backup and wiped it to try it from a clean flash of the ROM (before I came on here and discovered this thread, thought maybe I messed something up). It claims to be syncing something, but it's definitely not Facebook.

Not sure. My contacts are still syncing, contacts that exist is Google contacts are linked properly - just no Facebook contact photos. Except, strangely enough, for my own contact photo. Again, I suspect that there was a change in the Facebook API or something. Perhaps somebody should call HTC to ask about it?

(I'm on xtrSENSE as well.)

Upvote 0
All of my contacts sync from Google. None of their photos sync still from Facebook, not even my own. I tried SyncMyPix and it failed for every single photo. I tried to do it a second time and it froze so I deleted it, but now if I go back and try and search for it in the Market - my phone can not find it at all!

Upvote 0
Same problem here. I guess we're just gonna wait. While we're on the topic, when adding accounts there is Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense. The former won't let me add. The latter, as discussed, doesn't work for contact photos. I'm a newbie of sorts, so if I sound ignorant, that's because I am. Anyway, what is the deal with the two Facebook accounts? Even before I rooted, I had problems with an app and working with the developer I noticed that there were two of everything... one of which had something to do with Kitana? Beats me. Like I said, I'm a noob.

Secondly, I noticed that when attempting to manually link a contact with a Facebook friend, none of my friends show up. Okay, yeah, sure I have no friends (less than 100) so skip the jokes... is this simply because of the possible API issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones