• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC DROID Incredible to be updated to Froyo end of July, early August

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is getting 24 hours of use out of the stock battery, they aren't using their phone that much. Plain and simple.
i would say the majority here are having the issues with battery life, and most of us are not new to smartphones and how to use them.
The stock 1300 i wouldn't get 2 hours into my day and be at 50% just surfing a few websites for about 30 minutes. The 1500 was better but not by much.
I have the 2150 now and it gets me througha workday just fine but not much more than that, with almost EVERYTHING that syncs turned off except the gmail/contacts/calendar, gps off, etc etc etc

Upvote 0
I get 24 hours out of the 1500mAH as well. I don't use the HTC facebook or Twitter app. I have the official facebook app set to never auto refresh and the official twitter app set to update every 4 hours. No apps linked to my contacts.

I use my phone as much as I ever need. No idea if it's light or moderate usage. My phone has been up for 141 hours and I have 22 hours of awake time. (not on a single charge of course)

Upvote 0
Many of us were waiting for the Verizon Nexus One (due out in "Spring 2010") before we commit to the Incredible. There was an official statement from Google with the date, and it wasn't until the date was almost completely passed that they admit "nevermind, it's not coming at all." A leaked rumor about a possible Froyo update to the Incredible (while I hope it's true) is far less validated than the Verizon Nexus One, and therefore far more likely to end in disappointment for us Incredible people. Just some reality to keep in mind.

The difference is that 2.2 has been confirmed from HTC at the corporate level, that all phones (Incredible included) released in 2010 will receive 2.2. VZW has also confirmed it would be released.

Upvote 0
The difference is that 2.2 has been confirmed from HTC at the corporate level, that all phones (Incredible included) released in 2010 will receive 2.2. VZW has also confirmed it would be released.
Like how Verizon confirmed the Nexus One?

Not saying I think we won't get 2.2 (I bet we will), but just remember to take everything -- even the official stuff -- with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0
HAHAHAHA! Would you happen to also have a prediction of the end of time? I could really use some insight on some stock tips too.

Why do we keep clicking on, and posting to, these threads? (myself included)

I hear that Moto is getting R2D2 but, I think I heard my wife's uncle who married a woman from Vietnam during the war, who had some family near the Chinese border whose son married a cute girl from the inside whose brother jumped off the building at FoxCon (thankfully Yang survived), say that Yoda was coming to the Incredible! It only makes perfect sense that he would be included in the next OTA!

Upvote 0
I do not get that at all and I don't have a task killer.

I disagree with using the phone "the way HTC intended." HTC should consider how consumer "intend to use the phone."

I don't even get 6 hours with the stock battery with light-moderate usage. It's pathetic and I bet HTC did not intend for that to be the average case.

Something is keeping your phone awake. Find out what rogue app it is and kill it. If you can't get 6 hours, then something is wrong software wise. There are plenty of reports on here of people like me who do not have issues with battery life.

This is my definition of my regular usage, and I it lasts 24 hours to the next charge.

Pandora for at least an hour, up to an hour and a half depending on if its a gym day.
Internet use for at least an hour.
30 minutes of calling.
GMail push on, with about a dozen e-mails responded to a day.
40-50 texts.
Games for about 30 minutes.
Some Facebook.

Yes, on the stock battery.

Upvote 0
Was talking to VZW tech support about a signal issue and I asked him when was my phone going to get the Android 2.2 update.

His response: "Its already started rolling out in batches, different areas get the upgrade at different times and we do it for set number of phones per area. If you haven't got it yet you should in a couple of days".

I don't want to put any bets into this, so is there anyone who has gotten said update?

Upvote 0
Was talking to VZW tech support about a signal issue and I asked him when was my phone going to get the Android 2.2 update.

His response: "Its already started rolling out in batches, different areas get the upgrade at different times and we do it for set number of phones per area. If you haven't got it yet you should in a couple of days".

I don't want to put any bets into this, so is there anyone who has gotten said update?

Don't you just love Tech support rofl

Upvote 0

I was told it's in 100k batches. So... dots are connecting.

Upvote 0
Hmmm...anything is possible, but that seems sudden. No announcement, no updated update info on the website.

Hopefully it's true, but I'm not buying it until I heard public confirmation, or somebody says they get it (with pics).

(ok, it's possible that nobody who got it has posted yet. Remember that only a tiny fraction of DrInc users actually post here regularly. Still, not buying it though)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones