• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC EVO 4G Not Booting Up

Ember

Sep 22, 2011
USA
Hi, I've had my EVO 4G for 1 week exactly now. 2 nights ago I had a problem where the phone wouldn't come out of sleep mode and so I pulled the battery and problem solved, today I held in the power but and touched "Shut Down" and it did so, well now I can't get it to turn on. Completely unresponsive.. I can't reset it because holding volume and power does nothing, charging light doesn't appear either and my PC doesn't recognize the phone. It's not rooted either. And the battery was at half point when I shut it down.

Hi, I've had my EVO 4G for 1 week exactly now. 2 nights ago I had a problem where the phone wouldn't come out of sleep mode and so I pulled the battery and problem solved, today I held in the power but and touched "Shut Down" and it did so, well now I can't get it to turn on. Completely unresponsive.. I can't reset it because holding volume and power does nothing, charging light doesn't appear either and my PC doesn't recognize the phone. It's not rooted either. And the battery was at half point when I shut it down.

sounds like a hardware issue. not much you can do at this point, but take it in.

Upvote 0
I have had the same problem, usually a dead unresponsive battery. Are you using a charger for a different phone? That seems to be whats killing my battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones