• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Evo 4G won't turn off

R

rpmgoff

I have the HTC evo 4G which has been working fine until today and now it won't turn off. It only shuts off the screen. I don't get the power off box. After reviewing your suggestion to uncheck the fast boot box under the Application section under Settings, I realize my fast boot was never checked. I have been updating information on my phone and went to turn it off for the evening and...NOT. I fear I my have inadvertently screwed something up while attempting to fix this problem. Please help.

Hey rpmgoff :) Welcome to AndroidForums!

It seems like you are not the only person to have this problem. Apparently you have to hold the power button for quite some time (According to this thread : http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-sup...28688-htc-evo-wont-turn-off-power-button.html) because you need to allow the phone time to clear it's cache.

If this doesn't work, the only way to fix this may be a factory reset. Be sure you back up ANYTHING on your internal storage that is important to you, because it will be deleted with a Factory Reset. Also, all of your apps will be gone too :/

May be your only hope if reading that thread doesn't help any.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones