• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero/ cant send email

We upgraded our phones to the HTC Hero last weekend. I am still learning alot about it and found this site. I can receive e-mails but I cannot send any, I get an "Unable to send e-mail" notice at the top of the screen. I got online and chatted with a Sprint rep for an hour, I tried everything he suggested but it still doesnt work, neither my home oe gmail will send out? any suggestions??
Thanks, this is agreat site, some day I might be as smart as my smart phone....probably not according to my kids!! Thanks again for any suggestions and help

Oh yeah, we now have three of the Hero's from the upgrade last week and all three will not send e-mails

Normally an easy thing to correct. It has to do with your SMTP settings probably. Make sure the server name is correct. One of the accounts I use is Everyone.net and I was having a heck of a time - received mail, but could not send. Kept looking and never saw the error. Well, I sat down and looked really close and was immediately attacked by the error, thank goodness I did not require hospitalization. The error: I had imap.everyone.net entered instead of smtp.everyone.net. Made the correction and did not look back.

Upvote 0
I have my server port numbers the same as my laptop, (incoming and outgoing) but my incoming mail is a pop3 server and out going is smpt, but on my laptop both have the same info mail.xxxxxxxxx.com on incoming and outgoing mail, I have even changed outgoing mail to smpt.xxxxxxxxx.com, it did not make a difference. We upgraded to three new phones last weekend, we have the same issue on all three phones? thanks for the suggestions, I have tried everything I can think of so far??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones