• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero or Samsung Galaxy Spica I5700(not 17500)

Can anyone advise me which phone to get? I am deliberating between HTC Hero and Samsung Galaxy Spica I5700. Chosing between this two because Nexus One is too expensive for me and the only android phones avaliable in my country is Samsung Galaxy and Hero. Here is my breakdown of the Samsung Galaxy and Hero. I tot the main difference these two phones have is that Hero have customisable roms readily availble while the Galaxy don't. It is important to have customisable roms. Will the Samsung Galaxy unskinned Android 1.5 suffice? I heard that it is getting Android 2.0 Will there be any ramification if my Galaxy stays as 2.0 as I am worried that Samsung will support it till then and that without customisable roms I can't update it myself. Please advice guys!

Both of these phones are available here in Ireland. The teic.ie website has video reviews of both, but to save you time, the guy comes down heavily on the side of the Hero.

I agree with him, but for different reasons: I don't trust Samsung to come out with timely updates, although they are rumoured to be upgrading the spica to 2.0 at least.

Upvote 0
I am interested in selling my Samsung Galaxy Spica which I bought in Feb 2010.
I want to buy the Samsung Galaxy S and would be willing to sell my Spica in case someone can offer me a good price.

I really dont know the value of a 5/6 month old Spica in the market but I am willing to consider selling. I bought it for a little more than 13000 in Mumbai.

All the documents are there, bill, warranty, box with all the accessories. Its also running 2.1. I also have the spare scratch guards specifically for the spica ordered on ebay Global Easy Buy which will definitely be part of the package and I also have a car charger which I might consider throwing in.

So let me know if anyone is interested.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones