• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Keyboard (Hi-Res) ported to N1! No Root required!!!!!

Word of caution - I installed this, and personally didn't like it. But after uninstalling, things got wonky with my Nexus. Minor, but still some issues. ATK - the fonts got all small. BatteryLife - the coloured separation bars got all messed up.

I did a hard reset to fix. Luckily, I have online backup setup with my Gmail account. I personally won't be installing anything HTC anymore.

I've had some funky things happening since installing v3 of it, hard reset and back to normal as can be.

Upvote 0
I installed this on my Droid running sholes 2.0.6 it works except when I go to landscape it FC. Very nice though.

I can not get the High Res Version to go into landscape mode on my Droid, but on the low res version, I get landscape mode. The drawback is it is not the complete screen. Still is better than original keyboard.

Upvote 0
It bugged up for me. When i turn my phone the keyboard doesn't take up the whole screen :(

Anyways I installed Better Keyboard and I love it. Works Swell for me though the voice input doesn't work for some reason. The portrait mode keyboard isn't as great as the htc portrait one, but it's far less spazzy and buggy. Just my oppinion though.

and i don't really care to try swype. I have this thing where i need to feel like i'm typing and I just feel lie it'd be a bother to deal with that. I use a t9 for portrait on the move or in class or something. It's just too much of a change for me.

Upvote 0
Giving this keyboard another shot... there's been many updates since it was first released... up to v18 on the Hi-Res version... some nice improvements...

we'll see how it performs... i just got tired of innaccurate typing and hitting the wrong keys on the stock Nexus/Android keyboard... so giving it another go, despite the white keys...

Upvote 0
Loving the Sense Keyboard, it's 100% better than the stock one. I'm actually enjoying using 2 hands typing again instead of swyping :p

Edit: Oh man...I tried to download v25 on the XDA site [MOD] HTC_IME (29th April) v25: Custom sounds and much more - xda-developers...but am unable to do so...phone says, 'the content is not supported on this phone' for both high res and low res :( I'm back to using the v7 again, lol,

Upvote 0
Installed fine, I waited to uninstall v18 because v25 can install as a seperate keyboard. And thank god I waited to uninstall because I hadn't yet exported my user dictionary. Exported, imported, configured some settings and I'm LOVING v25.
Especially for it's ability to toggle languages with 1 swype and disabling voice input for incompatible languages.
Also very easy to configure your own smileys button and add custom domains to the url .com suggestions.

Also like the ability to make your own themes :p
I made one in a rush and I'm surprised at how good it actually looks. Might just keep it.

I'm sad to hear it doesn't work for you Roze, I don't see what could be the problem.
I'll attach the files I used because with me it worked fine. I installed the clicker first (uninstalled the old one) and then the kb.

Good luck :)

Attaching failed so MU: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Upvote 0
Installed fine, I waited to uninstall v18 because v25 can install as a seperate keyboard. And thank god I waited to uninstall because I hadn't yet exported my user dictionary. Exported, imported, configured some settings and I'm LOVING v25.
Especially for it's ability to toggle languages with 1 swype and disabling voice input for incompatible languages.
Also very easy to configure your own smileys button and add custom domains to the url .com suggestions.

Also like the ability to make your own themes :p
I made one in a rush and I'm surprised at how good it actually looks. Might just keep it.

I'm sad to hear it doesn't work for you Roze, I don't see what could be the problem.
I'll attach the files I used because with me it worked fine. I installed the clicker first (uninstalled the old one) and then the kb.

Good luck :)

Attaching failed so MU: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Question...does the link open only once and then becomes unavilable? >_> I think I might have clicked on it 2x too many.

Another question...how do I reopen the folder where I download off the market apps? I can't seem to find it in setting :(

Thanks,
-Roze-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones