• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC mail app + GMail + Exchange = missing emails

geekmiki

Lurker
Jan 5, 2010
Hi,

I've configured the HTC mail app to sync with my GMail account via Exchange ActiveSync. It is configured to sync emails received for the past 3 days.
It works flawlessly for a day or two and then after a random sync all emails disappear and it starts to sync again normally when the next email arrives (but without the rest of the inbox).
If I delete the account and clear the cache, it'll sync again properly with the emails from the past 3 days. If I change the number of days that should be synced (from 3 to 7 for example), the application will sync all those from before the 3 day period that was initially set.
Any idea on how I could solve this? It's really annoying to have to delete and set up again the email client every other day.

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones