• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One no HSDPA only UMTS

A

Android Question

So I just got an HTC One, and I can make calls and send texts through the phone, but 3G is completely dead. I've tried almost everything from disabling mobile data to factory reseting the device but to no avail. I checked the Roaming area settings and I can only choose between CDMA/LTE, CDMA only, and GSM/UMTS. I know that the sim works since I got internet on my old EVO 3D which has HSDPA, but I can't find the option on this one. I also get a strange message when I start it up that says "This build is for developmental purposes only. Do not distribute without permission from HTC". Is there any way that I can install a normal version that has HSDPA or am I stuck with this forever?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones