• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One S - display not working

sap2000

Lurker
Apr 30, 2012
I bought new HTC One S in Germany on 13th April 2012.
On 28th April, just after 15 days, while I was browsing internet on the device, using wi-fi at my home in India, screen hanged suddenly.
I did a restart.
Screen never displayed anything after this.
Tried restarting several times. Tried hard re-booting many times.
Nothing worked till now.
Also called up htc support for help. The issue persists.
Just giving a try in this forum before I churn out $35 for paid service at htc service center.
Any help/suggestion is appreciated.

Did you try to unlock it so you can reinstall the ROM?
HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader

If you do that, it may void the warranty. I would call and ask before taking that step.

If it is a hardware issue replacing the ROM won't fix it. I can't tell you what the problem may be, but as long as you didn't mess with the software/etc, it is likely a hardware issue.

Upvote 0
It seems this is an unusual/ unknown issue for which direct and easy resolution is not available as of now.
I would not go for any unproven solution. This device is my first android and it's pricey too.
Tomorrow I will visit nearest HTC service center.
Thanks for the suggestions and comments.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones