• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One X location problem

Seppe13

Lurker
Apr 1, 2013
Hello
This is my first post on this forum, so I hope it's in the right place.
I checked several forums, and searched Google for a lot of days, but I couldn't find the right answer.

I have a HTC One X
Android version: 4.1.1
HTC Sence version: 4+

Since a couple of weeks, I can't remember if it was before or after an Android-update, the location-sensor isn't working anymore for 100%.
WiFi or 3G makes no difference.
I tried several hard and soft restarts, but no difference.

Google-maps: 100% OK

Weather app: My current location isn't automaticaly changed anymore, although it's flagged in the weather-app settings.
Even when I go to another country, I have to add the place manually.

Facebook: It always gives me a small map of France, eventhough I haven't been there. I always have to search on check-in title before I can do something. If I find the title, the small google-map doens't change either. So I first have to check-in, and then check if it is the correct place.

Can I bring this back to life, still got this problem after a number of months. The Location for the Weather on the front screen just doesn't update and I believe this started after the last major update. I'm on Orange in the UK, is there a particular setting that activates it. Love my phone but this is beginning to bug me!
Cheers
Ken

Upvote 0
I was having this problem as well after doing a factory reset. came across this link from another forum and one of the solutions seems to work:

Just opened settings/apps/Google play services/ uninstalled all updates. I then opened the play store which promptly told me I had to install an update to Google Play. Update installed, phone restarted and all is now well. Location services working normally.

The weather widget is displaying correctly so far. will observe more while on my way home later today.

Reactions: firnasz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones