• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One X - UK upgrade and retentions deals (any carrier)

So why wouldn't he beat the online deal for you and include loyalty? It's outrageous that he should say the deal online is better but you'll lose your loyalty. He should beat it. (in either definition of the term).

I'm in the same boat - orange contract just finished. don't know what to do yet. I'll be interested to see how you get on in the shops. There are miles better deals around than the one he offered you.

You would have been better off just asking for your PAC before even mentioning upgrades. They would immediately be trying to stop you from leaving, and would put you through to the department that offers the best deals.

MY ADVICE is to search around for the best deal you can find anywhere - even those including cashback by dedemption - and armed with these deals, phone Orange and ask for your PAC. Don't talk about upgrade. Just ask for your PAC. They will say 'Oh, is there any reason why you're thinking of leaving Orange?' and you will say, 'Yeah, you are too expensive and I've seen a great deal elsewhere...' and they will put you through to 'disconnections' where you are ostensibly asking for your PAC (which takes 30 days, and you can always cancel and they tell you this) but they will start offering you deals "in the meantime" to see if you might not change your mind. And they will be much better than any official upgrade, because the first guy you talked to about uprades doesn't have the authority to offer better deals. Ask for your PAC!

I don't think the Orange loyalty benefits that have been accrued can be transferred though.

yeah ive been searching all over the place.

some of the 24 month deals are looking pretty good from Mobiles.co.uk and buymobilephones.net (around the

Upvote 0
I'm guessing also that you're on The One Plan, which means you are also allowed to tether your phone to a computer. Free internet!

yer had to do it, I use my phones data plan a lot.

I was going through 6gb a month at one point :eek:

normally about 3-4 GB a month now but still thank god for unlimited data.

edit, just checked my usage so far this month and i've gone through nearly 3 gb in 2 weeks :laugh:

I would be so screwed with say... a 500mb cap...

Upvote 0
never terminated a phone 3 months early, will i even be put onto retentions?

Ah. No. I didn't see the terminating early part. No, you have to have your contract up before you can tell them you're leaving and get a PAC. Why don't you sit it out for 3 months and you'll have the D Quad available, and possibly also the SIII to choose from? I know it's easy to just wait... :rolleyes:

I'm not saying you don't want the One X, but better deals should be available when the competition is out.

Upvote 0
Ah. No. I didn't see the terminating early part. No, you have to have your contract up before you can tell them you're leaving and get a PAC. Why don't you sit it out for 3 months and you'll have the D Quad available, and possibly also the SIII to choose from? I know it's easy to just wait... :rolleyes:

I'm not saying you don't want the One X, but better deals should be available when the competition is out.

yeah im just being impatient, but also apparently my loyalty deals inc the data runs out in may...(contract ends in july) which includes the data??? so i could go through the last 2 months with no data at all? wtf? im calling cancellations now and getting my pac code, then im off to 3 with their all you can eat data plans :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones