• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Scorpion?

Anyone stop and think that maybe this is a netbook instead of a phone? Hear me out for a minute. The iPad has the A4 in it, which is based on the ARM Cortex A9-MP core. The nVidia Tegra 2 uses this same CPU core. Both of these chips are found in netbooks and tablets. The only 1.5GHz, dual core CPU in qualcomm's line is the QSD8672 (you can see this name in the build dump). I believe I read that this chip is targeting the MID, netbook, tablet, etc. market. I also think the WiMax spec would function better in a netbook form to take better advantage of the speed. I'm probably wrong, but just wanted to throw this out for others to consider and discuss.

Upvote 0
darn that makes alot of sense... but hey it doesn't matter, sooner or later we will have hi-res, 6g phones with the new carbon proccesor chips running at prob 20ghz octacore, with a 90000mah batter running a device no larger than a phone today

Doubtful. 4G is pretty much going to spread the limits of how fast mobile broadband can get.

See here for WHY.

Upvote 0
darn that makes alot of sense... but hey it doesn't matter, sooner or later we will have hi-res, 6g phones with the new carbon proccesor chips running at prob 20ghz octacore, with a 90000mah batter running a device no larger than a phone today

THis basically happened to laptops. Remember the first "suitcase" portables? No battery life, a WHOPPING 32k of RAM and tiny screens, then they kept getting faster with more memory.

Why would this not happen to anything electronic?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones