• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sensation overheating

I don't think I have that problem. The phone never feels very hot. I have a little widget that will show me the temperature if I tap it. I don't check it often but when I do it never shows that high - around 25 to 35 max.

Where do you get that info from - is it an app? Does the phone feel hot to the touch? Also what charger are you using?

Upvote 0
Thnaks for the replies.

The phone has never been used for games; the last time it overheated it was just plugged in to the charger, nothing in particular running on the phone. I've contacted Tesco customer services, whose reponse has p---ed me off royally, but it is goign to be sent in for repair.

The display comes from a "hidden" battery monitor app that I read about online. You get to it by dialling *#*#4636#*#*

regards,
/alan

Reactions: kayosinc
Upvote 0
52C seems a little hot, I would probably speak to HTC and see what they advise.

For the record the hottest ive seen on mine is 45c, that was browsing in a weak signal area where the web pages take ages to load, signal was 0-1 bar. generally though I dont see more than 40c even when playing games etc.

Now im using an anker battery the phone feels a lot cooler aswell.

Upvote 0
I have this exact same problem!! This happens to me every other day or so.....when i charge it via PC or mains! It eventually overheats so much it turns itself off......

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?!

FAULTY BATTERY?
FAULTY BIOS/SYSTEM SOFTWARE?

Hamacting, if you find why this is happening and how to stop it happening please tell me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones