1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC Sync Manager stopped working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lofquist, Apr 14, 2016.

1. lofquist

lofquist Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    I have seen a couple of posts, but no real answer. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga2 running Win 8.1.

HTC Sync Manager was running fine until the most recent big Android update. From that point on sync manager does not recognize my phone. I have contacted HTC support. no help there. They had me put the phone in to debugging mode and do a reset a couple of times. On thing I did notice after the android update is when I connect the phone, a window pops up asking me what I want the phone to do when it is connected. It didn't do that before. I have it set for cd installer. In the status header at the top of the phone it shows Sync Manager version 2.0.38.0 is running.

Anyone else had this problem or can recommend another app to sync my Calendar and Contacts between Outlook and my phone.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    When you plug in the phone to your computer does if ask you to "Use USB for file transfers?" if so say yes and you should be back in business. So this solution in a thread in the HTC forums.

HTH

3. lofquist

lofquist Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Thanks! But, that is weird. I had tried that before and it didn't work. Interesting the support folks at HTC told me to set it to "CD Installer.

dontpanicbobby likes this.

HTC One M8

The HTC One M8 is the Taiwanese company's flagship phone for the first half of 2014. It built on its predecessor with an upgraded 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and an UltraPixel rear Duo Camera.
Tags: