• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bartjunited

Nov 24, 2009
Ive downloaded the latest HTC Sync verson & tried to connect the N1 to it.
Using W7 on the laptop which recognises the device & installs drivers, however I dont get a HTC Sync icon on the phone & the app on the laptop doesnt recognise it either. I even enabled USB debugging but no luck.

has anyone managed to do this as i wanna sync it with outlook for my contacts

thanks for that

problem i have is that when i used the Google Sync method to sync my contacts on my hero i found that during Synching with Gmail that gmail downsized any pictures that i had for my contacts.

This meant that i would set up my contacts with decent pics & they would look fine yet when they sync'd with gmail that would look pixelated & crap so i stopped using this method on my hero & just used HTC Sync & outlook

Upvote 0
Can't comment on that as I sync my contacts from Outlook without pictures and then connect most of them to Facebook so the phone uses those contact pictures.

I can't see an easier way of doing this on the N1. Maybe transfer by SIM and then add pictures - sounds a bit fiddly...

I think the N1 is Google's way of forcing the customer to use their internet services - such as Gmail in this case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones