• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC & VZW Deserve High Praise

Ok, so I am sooo cofused as to what I should do! I have a DROID for about 2 weeks now and love everything the phone does, but I hate how heavy it is (girl here). It REALLY bothers me. I love the feel of the eris in my hand, but I feel like switching to the Eris would kind of be a down grade though?? I went and played with it today and it was definitely slower, also the accelerometer was very annoying, it kept going back and forth and I wasn't even turning the phone and it seemed to take a long time to switch between portrait and landscape. Was it just that phone or is that just something the eris does? I love VZW and android and think these are both good phones, just don't want to regret making the switch. Any input would be great!:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Remember that demo phones on display take massive abuse. Where I live you can walk into most Verizon stores and find a small child being allowed to treat the demo as a bongo while the parents fail to be parents.

I love my eris, perfect size, weight, and ergonomics. I sleep with mine... next to me on the night stand.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I am sooo cofused as to what I should do! I have a DROID for about 2 weeks now and love everything the phone does, but I hate how heavy it is (girl here). It REALLY bothers me. I love the feel of the eris in my hand, but I feel like switching to the Eris would kind of be a down grade though?? I went and played with it today and it was definitely slower, also the accelerometer was very annoying, it kept going back and forth and I wasn't even turning the phone and it seemed to take a long time to switch between portrait and landscape. Was it just that phone or is that just something the eris does? I love VZW and android and think these are both good phones, just don't want to regret making the switch. Any input would be great!:thinking::thinking::thinking:

I originally bought the Droid on launch day, and took it back two days later. I did not like the form factor (reminded me of a RAZR on steroids), the physical keyboard, the lack of dedicated answer/end phone buttons, and the overall build quality did not seem that great.

I got the Eris, and have never looked back. Even though it is a tad slower than the Droid, IMO, it does everything better than the Droid. I also love Sense UI. I came from an iPhone 3Gs, and I must say that I even prefer the Eris to the iPhone. An added benefit is that on Verizon, I can actually make and receive phone calls, which was always an adventure on AT&T.

As an aside, a good friend also got the Droid, and after many, many hardware/software glitches, he got fed up and exchanged it for an Eris. He too is very happy with the Eris.

Even though many feel that the Droid is a superior device, I truly believe that the Eris is the better of the two. I've even decided to keep the Eris when the Nexus 1 comes to Verizon, having originally thought that I would upgrade to the N1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones