• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC wall charger issue?

dcoaster

May 15, 2010
Does anyone else have a VERY loose wall charger? Last night I plugged in my EVO and went to bed but this morning, I woke up and found that the wall charger was sticking ever so slightly out of the socket and it didn't charge one bit. For me, the wall charger will pull out with very little force and won't charge when it sticks out of the wall even a little bit. :thinking:

dcoaster, I know exactly what you're talking about. Its not the prongs that goes into the wall, but the two little prongs on the USB that goes into the phone. Mine just started having that same issue. When I plug it into the phone, there is no resistance in unplugging it. It almost slides right out if I barely move the phone while its plugged in... I'm not sure what made it start doing that or if I can pull them back up to grip inside the phone to charge properly...

Upvote 0
i think i know what the OP is talking about, however i DO live in a really old home & could easily blame older hardware at the outlet. but i simply think its a side effect of the really cool looking charger. i havent checked, but if you compare the lengths of the prongs on the charger(flush with the back of it & out) to something else you've been using in the same outlet, are they the same length?

for myself i've been using it for quite some time & i just have to be extra careful about tugging on the cable knowing it could come out of the wall. also if we are all talkn about the same one, its has some sort of LED or light on the front showing it should be fine right? so maybe get in the habit of checking before u fall asleep

if you are talkn about the new small one that came with the evo, i'm not sure what to say. besides comparing the length of prongs on your different devices, i'm at a loss.

there are always extension cables or power/surge strip scenarios as well as what thebrain mentioned of bending the prongs so they snag a bit more

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones