1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC Weather app/widget

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Scherzo, May 26, 2011.

1. Scherzo

Scherzo Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Since 26th May 2011, my HTC weather app on my HTC Desire Z has been malfunctioning.

When I open it, it says 'updating...' for about 1 minute. Following which a message pops up saying 'the connection dropped while your weather information was dowloading. Try downloading again?'. If I press 'No', the weather just remains as it was on May 26th. If I press 'Yes', the same message pops up talking about the connection drop.

The weather widget just doesn't update at all.

I went to settings > accounts and sync and checked that both boxes were ticked indicating that applications can automatically sync, send and receive data at any time and checked that the weather account was there. It was. I pressed sync all just to sync again. Didn't work.

I tried restarting the phone. Didn't work. I tried a soft reset. Didn't work.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Advertisement

2. flatlander

flatlander Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Pipe Fitter
    Rhode Island
    Have EVO, for a long time the weather app has been buggy. Used to keep close track of location and weather observation, but lately not so. tried usual fixes with no luck

3. Sombre

Sombre Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 10, 2011
    I.T. Professional
    Canberra, Australia
    Puts hand up.

As of the same date. Just checked again then and it failed with same error you mention. It 'has' been updating on its own every now and then. Possibly network issues with the weather provider?

Cheers,
    Sombre.

4. DaveWeb

DaveWeb Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Same problem here, since a few days ago (around 26th May I think).

That was the same day I upgraded to Android 2.3.3, so maybe it was because of that or maybe I just happened to upgrade Android on the same day the weather stopped working.

My girlfriend has the same phone, but didn't upgrade to 2.3.3 yet, and her weather widget is working fine. So it cannot be server issues.

I noticed that I can get it to work sometimes (simply by re-trying) with a 3G mobile data connection. So the problem seems to be mainly happening during Wifi connection.