• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTCSense.com...anyone got it ALL working yet?

I got my phone pretty much the first day it came out (in the UK) but couldn't never get sense to work. I wrote to HTC support and go the standard 'our engineers' are working on it reply. So last week I had had enough and wrote a really stroppy email to them saying it was unacceptable and that I wanted it sorted. They asked for my IMIE number and my serial number and said it would be escalated to the next level of support. I never got any reply from the support guys but about a week later my sense started working for the first time in about 4 months!
So basically if you really wanted to get it sorted, email HTC support and be very forceful that you don't just want their standard reply and you want it fixed once and for all. It's nuts that they still advertise it as a feature of the phone yet they don't have it working for so many people.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
It's great..so many different responses from HTC customer services...here's what they told me last week:

"HTC can confirm that HTC Sense.com is currently in development for use in a near future. Specific device variants, including regional or national variations that will have access have not yet been confirmed. Once more detailed information is available on the release date and which of the devices will use this feature then a more formal announcement will be made.
We recommend to follow us in Twitter for instant notifications at http://twitter.com/htc_eu"

I still can't get it to work (UK on Orange) - Got the phone the day of the UK release and sense worked perfectley for about 2 weeks then stopped, and despite setting up multiple accounts/ deleting old ones, I just get a grey screen telling me location is switched off on my phone (which it isn't), and no tabs to footprints, contacts etc - But I can make the phone ring BONUS (sarcasm).

Upvote 0
My HTC DHD was delivered just over an hour ago, and already I have all it all setup on the website. The only thing not working for me atm is making my phone ring. The locater and lock work perfect. Infact the locator, locates the phone instantly. Whereas with my previous phone (Xperia X10), using the MyLookout app, it took at least 5-10 minutes to locate my phone.

Upvote 0
Pencheven: I haven't deleted anything just synced a few times and it was fine

I don't know if I am missing a stage, but when you say you sync'd, what exactly did you do? When I set up my phone I created my email account to link to htc sense, and i click the sync option under settings> accounts and sync > HTC Sense. When I log onto the website, I get nothing showing at all , its as if it doesn't recognize my phone and/or account.

have I missed a step out here??

thanks for any help, I know there are loads of questions on this but I am sure I must have missed doing something ?!

Upvote 0
Just got mine sort off working after it not working for about 2 months, i can ony get the ring phone part to work. the location part says that my phone is doing its first synchronisation with the phone. this has been going for 3 days now and no change, my phone is finished syncing but it wont work. tried mailing them and the only thing they told me to do was a hard reset and the rest of it is complete bull*****. anyone got a fix to this?

Upvote 0
This was my response from HTC regarding this:

"Thanks for your question about HTCSense.com. HTC is currently engaged in work on the server, therefore, different functions will not work optimally. It is currently unknown when the site is fully operational again. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Upvote 0
Mine seems to have magically kick started itself this week, the HTC account on my phone seemed to have erased itself, when I set it up again and logged back in it connected with the online account and I could make it ring and lock the phone.. At first the mapping system didn't work but that seems to have corrected itself today.. I haven't tried forwarding or erasing the phones, but doubt ill make much use of either facility..

Pretty happy now :)

Upvote 0
All of it! remote message forwarding, locking and even location (takes a couple of goes to pinpoint)
Hopefully this is a good sign and it will get more stable :cool:

(I'm using Google Chrome if that makes a difference)

i am able to make location work fine on htcsense.com now, when u reresh location from htcsense.com make sure your phone's gps is on and take it outside to make a lock and then it syncs locations data to htcsense.com and finally it shows correctly on website

but cannot see any dashboard tabs on top yet..do you see all ur dashboard tabs , like contacts footprints etc, how did u do it pls share

Upvote 0
Hi all! well to cut a long story short- been driven to nearly being institutionalised in the mad house by owning an SE xperia x10 for 5 months, p.o.s would crash constantly in loops and get extremely hot and burny smell. SE to this day deny any such problem even though i read many complaints!! repair would cost upto 80% of original handset price, LOL!
So sold for spares at huge loss.......SAVED and bought a bnib HTC DESIRE HD from ebay, must say vast improvement but still problems, When trying to setup HTCsense the setup form requires handset type, but this option does not work"loading error", need to setup HTCsense to use htc warranty,battery cover-nightmare to open/close and volume weak, shame could have been a perfect device otherwise.
I have emailed HTC and await a reply, anyone facing same problem with HTCsense?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones