• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei p9 notifications

Banjodeano

Dec 31, 2016
Hiya guys, newbie here from the UK, hope you have all had a good christmas...
i have just got a p9, can someone help me here, i keep getting notification on the screen all the time, is it possible to still get the notifications, but without the alert sound? its doing my head in, or at the least how do i turn it off without stopping text messages alerts?
thanks

Thanks, not explained very well...i want to keep sound on for text mssages that come through, but turn it off for email and fb alerts, is that possible?
cheers
Yes its possible, facebook within the facebook app under settings.

And email, untick show notifications here under manage apps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-31-23-05-44.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-31-23-05-44.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: Banjodeano
Upvote 0
Not sure on the P9. However on a Samsung, you can go to settings>sound>ringtones, then set the notification ring tone to silent. Then you can go to Messages>Settings>Ringtones and set a ringtone. The SMS ringtone is separated from the global notification ringtone. You can check if that's possible on a Huawei.
If not, then still set the notification ringtone to silent, then download a third party SMS app like Textra, which has its own ringtone settings separate from the Global one.

Reactions: Banjodeano
Upvote 0
Not sure on the P9. However on a Samsung, you can go to settings>sound>ringtones, then set the notification ring tone to silent. Then you can go to Messages>Settings>Ringtones and set a ringtone. The SMS ringtone is separated from the global notification ringtone. You can check if that's possible on a Huawei.
If not, then still set the notification ringtone to silent, then download a third party SMS app like Textra, which has its own ringtone settings separate from the Global one.
Thanks....i have looked and looked, i dont think its possible, thanks for the advice

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones