• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huge data charges from orange...Help

As El Presidente said, he's been with them for 10 years and this is the first time that he's had an increase. My wife has been with them for 5 years and it's also the first time she has had an increase.

I am sure that they will have something in the small print of the contract to say that they can increase the prices... they would be sure to have covered themselves!

If you're not happy, then the only thing (other than cancelling your contract) would be to speak to ofcom about it. If you are worried about not being able to get out of a long contract, then speak to them and they will be able to give you advice.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
As El Presidente said, he's been with them for 10 years and this is the first time that he's had an increase. My wife has been with them for 5 years and it's also the first time she has had an increase.

I am sure that they will have something in the small print of the contract to say that they can increase the prices... they would be sure to have covered themselves!

If you're not happy, then the only thing (other than cancelling your contract) would be to speak to ofcom about it. If you are worried about not being able to get out of a long contract, then speak to them and they will be able to give you advice.

There is a condition in the contract that states:

4.3 You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes that alter your rights under this Contract to your detriment. In such cases you would need to give us at least 14 days written notice prior to your Billing Date (and within one month of us telling you about the changes). However this option does not apply if:
4.3.1 we have increased the Charges by an amount equal to or less than the percentage increase in the All Items Index of Retail Prices published by the Central Statistical Office in the Monthly Digest of Statistics in any 12 month period

The price rise affected tariff's from pre sept 2011, you may be able to sidestep your plan and make it slighty cheaper and get a few more minutes in the process if you call customer services and ask about the newer equivalent tariff's available.

PS I work for Orange but any opinions posted are my own.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones