• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I came to the conclusion...

So is it true you don't get that drain if you pull it off the charger at 99% like some people are saying? I am trying it now. I charged it overnight off then unplugged it for 20 minutes and plugged it back in and just took it off at 99%.

I understand what you're saying and what the thread is trying to say, however, in my case I find that doesn't matter. If I pull it off the charger right after it hits 100% and start using it, I'll still get the rapid 10-15% drain.

Upvote 0
As promised, screen shots of my homescreen and battery screen.

I'm only using 4 homescreens as of now and no live wallpaper

snap20100621_025038.png

snap20100621_025028.png

snap20100621_025042.png

snap20100621_025048.png

Theses are screen shots of the battery info at 6 h 26 mins. I unplugged the phone at 8:24pm @ 100%

snap20100621_025101.png

snap20100621_025105.png

Battery info when I woke up this morning

snap20100621_071726.png

snap20100621_071719.png

Upvote 0
I came to the conclusion that my battery may be still good as it has been doing remarkable good as far as holding a charge now. The hard reset as well as the removing of the live wallpaper has done wonders for my battery life. So my understanding now is the battery could be faulty but most likely a software issue on HTC's part. Hopefully I can enjoy my phone longer and patiently wait for the firmware update that I hear people say HTC is claiming. We'll found out in the next few days, weeks, or months. Hopefully not a year. I'll report back if anything new happens or if I happen to hit the magical 15+ with 60%+ battery life I hear and read people claim. Thanks for everyone's input.

Upvote 0
Good news. I am reporting that I got the miraculous 24 hour battery life off a single charge. I'm not doing anything special except for not running live wallpaper. Within the 24 hour period, I checked emails constantly, sent out some text messages, made a few calls (no more than 5-10 each), played a few games of solitaire, took a dozen pics w/ flash, browsed the internet, played pocket empire, and kept the phone on wifi as I don't have great service in my home (0-1 bar). Here are some screen shots of the battery info. Keep in mind I did do a factory reset and prior to doing so I reformatted my SD card along with calibrating the battery.

snap20100623_104318.png

snap20100623_104337.png

snap20100623_104343.png

Upvote 0
That the EVO's battery is crap.

I've done all the tips and tricks from the trickle test to sd card format. I even removed the Facebook for Sense account. Battery still drops dramatically. I left from my house to visit my mom last night at 8:30pm with 100% and around 12:30am it was down to 7% when I got home. Today I charged up to 100% and removed my Facebook account and it dropped to 97% in one minute! Only thing I haven't done yet was do a hard reset because I have text messages I want to save when I go to court this month. I'm very disappointed. With about 50% or more of EVO owners complaining about battery life, I would think HTC would have put out a patch to optimize the phone just like they did for the Hero. Even before the phone was released, critics and reviewers said the phone had poor battery life. I didn't pay attention to the review as I was too excited about the phone and would have hoped that they would have fixed this problem before release. I'm not getting rid of my EVO as it is a great device and does everything I need for it to do besides last the entire day with moderate use. My wife's Hero can go the entire day on one charge and still have over 60% battery life left before we go to bed (12+ hours). I really hope that it's just my battery. I will be going to the Sprint store to see if they could swap out my battery for a newer style or even one for the Hero. I want to do a hard reset but need suggestions on what app saves my text messages. I've been an Android fanboy since it was released. I even gave up my Palm Pre for the Hero. HTC, you really need to step up your game and listen to your customer complaints before you go down the same road as Palm. Sorry for the rant. I just had to blow off some steam before I go back trying to figure out my battery issue. I have no other issues besides the occasionally screen grounding issue but that isn't such a big deal.

have you done hard reset on it? i had similar problem or worse and after hard reset, it's now good.

Upvote 0
Is this what you bought? I think I am going to do that also. Batteries say 1500MAH so they should work good right? I have an extra battery from my TP2 but I need the charger part to charge my extra battery so why pay 20-30 bucks for the seidio charger only when I can get this for 9.98 and have extra batteries. I cancelled my Amazon order they didn't have the battery charger in stock anyway. My friend wants one too!

Is it true the batteries do better being charged with that charger and not in the phone? Does anyone know if this new update we got today fixed the battery problem where at a 100% charge it really wasn't at a 100% charge. I usually wake up let it run down for a bit then re charge it to top it off. Do we still have to do that?

2x 1500mAh battery + dock charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 250641711190 end time Jun-29-10 01:08:58 PDT)

all you got to do is buy a replacement battery off ebay and all the battery problems are solved. i bought 2 batteries and a wall charger for 9.98. the batteries work just has good as the original evo battery. i can go 3-4 days using all 3 before i have to recharge.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I will ever be light enough on my phone to get a 24 hr discharge, but this is a good sample of what I get. This includes web browsing, 10-15 sent e-mails, listening to Slacker on the way home from work, Facebook and weather updates on, a few pictures, running the GMote application for about 2 hours, Yahoo! Mail updating every 5 minutes, uploading pics to Photobucket, downloading a few apps, and more. I don't use any Advance Task Killer and only use System Panel Light to occasionally end an application. What I'm saying, is, this is a normal, moderately-heavy, day of use and not spending any effort to "preserve" the battery.

I am at 38% according to System Panel Light in this picture:
e2a55614.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones