• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I don't get on with the S3's keyboard. What alternatives have you tried?

Just wanted to add, I tried a few of the suggestions on this thread and have had my gs3 for a week now. Didn't like the Samsung keyboard all that much and my previous phone was an ip4. With that being said...

Been using the Swype for about 5 minutes and it's awesome. It's much better at predicting what I'm trying to write compared to the Samsung keyboard. It's the beta keyboard though, does anyone know if I'm supposed to buy it at some point? I don't care if I do, I'l gladly plunk down money for it.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Just curious...for the keyboards on the S3 I have noticed that when you go to the '123' section of the keyboard and type in a punctuation or a number and hit the space key. It does not automatically revert back to the 'abc' portion of the keyboard. All of my past android phones have done this and I cannot seem to figure out any way to have it do this.

Does it do this for everyone or is my keyboard just messed up? No matter what keyboard I use it does this. This is my first Samsung phone as well so it might just be that.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add, I tried a few of the suggestions on this thread and have had my gs3 for a week now. Didn't like the Samsung keyboard all that much and my previous phone was an ip4. With that being said...

Been using the Swype for about 5 minutes and it's awesome. It's much better at predicting what I'm trying to write compared to the Samsung keyboard. It's the beta keyboard though, does anyone know if I'm supposed to buy it at some point? I don't care if I do, I'l gladly plunk down money for it.

Thanks

its free, the company is trying to stay geared toward manufacturer implementation more than end user. dont know if that will change or not. its been in beta though for well over 2 years.

Upvote 0
I despised the Samsung keyboard after coming over from an iPhone (really enjoying the 3) so I downloaded Swiftkey Free.

I like it a lot more right now but wondering whats the difference between the free and the paid version.

The difference is the paid version doesn't quit working after a month.

Reactions: android.convert
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones