1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General i dropped my phone and...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hannahxx, Apr 7, 2010.

1. hannahxx

hannahxx Active Member

Mar 12, 2010
    i dropped my phone from a height of less than 2 feet (knocked it off a table) and the back cover and battery fell off/out. so i popped it all back together, but just noticed that the volume buttons on the side of the phone are missing! =/

any suggestions on what to do from here? you're all more creative than i am!

Advertisement

2. jcase

jcase Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Order a new back cover from HTC or verizon?
    or buy one of those batteries that comes with an extended cover?

3. smacky

Jan 11, 2010
    ^^ What he said.

If you don't mind the extra bulk and find that your phone has battery life worse than what it should be, go for the 3500 mAh battery with the extended back cover. Might be around $70, I think, but sell your old battery to make up for the loss or just keep it as a spare.

As for a ghetto fix, can't think of any.

4. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    A back cover and extended life battery won't replace the VOLUME rocker buttons...

Head over to Verizon and use your insurance if you have it... Otherwise ebay is a good start.

5. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Burbs of Chicago
    Agree with mobimop. . . I'd go to a verizon store that has techs on site. who know's you might get a cool employee during a slow time and they may just replace right then if they have a rocker laying around

6. skybax22

skybax22 Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I'm not sure if you have an Eris or not, but if you do try taking off the battery cover. The volume rocker buttons are attached to it, not the phone.

7. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    Filo Putty. Make one!
    Or just keep a pen handy.

8. ReJe75

ReJe75 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Verizon will replace it. Just don't tell them you dropped it. They have always been good to me.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

9. Is it missing (I say "it" because I think that it is one piece, as in the Blackberries I've owned) or did it embed itself beneath the front casing of the phone when it hit whatever it hit in the fall?

If you can find it, I'd be inclined to take the device and the rocker button to tech counter at Verizon and just tell them the truth; perhaps they can replace or reinstall it.