• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i dropped my phone and...

hannahxx

Mar 12, 2010
i dropped my phone from a height of less than 2 feet (knocked it off a table) and the back cover and battery fell off/out. so i popped it all back together, but just noticed that the volume buttons on the side of the phone are missing! =/

any suggestions on what to do from here? you're all more creative than i am!

^^ What he said.

If you don't mind the extra bulk and find that your phone has battery life worse than what it should be, go for the 3500 mAh battery with the extended back cover. Might be around $70, I think, but sell your old battery to make up for the loss or just keep it as a spare.

As for a ghetto fix, can't think of any.

Upvote 0
Order a new back cover from HTC or verizon?
or buy one of those batteries that comes with an extended cover?

^^ What he said.

If you don't mind the extra bulk and find that your phone has battery life worse than what it should be, go for the 3500 mAh battery with the extended back cover. Might be around $70, I think, but sell your old battery to make up for the loss or just keep it as a spare.

As for a ghetto fix, can't think of any.

A back cover and extended life battery won't replace the VOLUME rocker buttons...

Head over to Verizon and use your insurance if you have it... Otherwise ebay is a good start.

Upvote 0
just noticed that the volume buttons on the side of the phone are missing

Is it missing (I say "it" because I think that it is one piece, as in the Blackberries I've owned) or did it embed itself beneath the front casing of the phone when it hit whatever it hit in the fall?

If you can find it, I'd be inclined to take the device and the rocker button to tech counter at Verizon and just tell them the truth; perhaps they can replace or reinstall it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones