• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I got a Nexus, wife just got an iPhone

My two penneth....... I have been a iPhone user from the start...... I have now sold my latest iPhone 4s for a nexus and I don't look back. IPhone is great if you like things simple and stylish. But the nexus, or android rather has opened my eyes to a world of possibility.

My wife will never give up her iPhone simply because it is easy and every app just works.

iOS has become bland to me, the innovation is not taking the brand forward. I loved iOS in the beginning, Android appeared to be disjointed and messy but ics has changed that, it now 'just works' as I used to say for apple!

Converted!

Upvote 0
Hate to say it but I recently returned my Nexus for a 64 gb white 4s, and I won't be looking back. The smaller screen isn't much of an issue and actually prefer it for day to day phone use.
The reception is leagues better and honestly for web browsing on the phone 4g isn't noticeably faster. Using it as a hot spot it's no comparison though, 4g is FAST.
All in all for me, the iPhone just works so much better, the battery life and camera is spectacular.

Upvote 0
I'm in between both phones.

I like the whole ICS look but also want a battery that will last all day. I'd keep it on 3g, which is fine for me no need for 4g. (just hope verizon doesn't do away with carrying over unlimited data plans if im required to go 4g in 2 yrs) I basically use my current droid inc. for checking email, light web browsing, sometimes gps. I have an extended battery on it.

I do have a kindle fire running android. Which would be better? Jailbroken iphone or rooted nexus? I know from a jailbroken ipod that it has many themes.

might miss the great android gps though

Upvote 0
If my wife came home with an iPhone, I would seriously consider divorce. I put my foot down a long time ago. We live in an Android house. End of story.

same here, actually i told her anything but apple. if she came home with a blackberry that is at least something counseling could get us through. she came home with an iphone it would go out the front door right before she did.

Upvote 0
I bought a Gnex on launch day and I bought my wife an iPhone 4S that was delivered on 1/4. I have to say that I always had a sneaking suspicion that I was missing out on something by having an Android phone and not an iPhone, even though I never really wanted to say it out loud to anyone.

Now that she has her iPhone 4S and I have my Gnex I laugh at myself for thinking that. When I go to use her phone after using my Gnex it's so frustrating so look at that tiny screen and hold that small phone in my hand. I came from a Dinc and the iPhone 4S is much more Dinc sized than Gnex size. I used to think that was the perfect size phone, now I can not imagine ever going back to that small phone.

On a side by side basis at home on wifi or out and about using 4G vs. 3G my phone is faster, by quite a bit. Notification sounds, email push, etc etc etc are all more difficult to control and use/change (for me) on the iPhone.

There is nothing about her iPhone that I wish I had (other than Temple Run, but that's coming in February).

For everyone that says battery life is better I dispute that. We both get up and start our day at 7:00 a.m. Neither of us have a charger at work. I have the extended battery in my Gnex. We both use the phone similarly throughout the day. When we get home she's looking for the charger with 20-25% of battery. I'm still going strong at 40-45% battery. I don't plug in until I go to bed at night with 15% left. That is with 4G on all day (but mostly hooked up to wifi).

These two worlds used to be far apart, now it's truly an ecosystem difference. Some like the walled garden of Apple, some like the Wild Wild West of Android. Me . . . I'm a cowboy at heart YEEEHAAAW!

Upvote 0
I'm also in this situation where I can't decide whether I want to keep my GNexus or switch it to an Iphone 4S
Today is last day that I can actually make the switch, but I'm still not sure.
I love the screen size on my Nexus and the custom ability of the Android Os but that's pretty much it.
The Ipohne feels more complete and strait to the point, but I wish it had a bigger screen.
my battery life improved dramatically after I updated to 4.02, so battery is not an issue for me.
But one thing that's stopping me from getting the Iphone, is I don't want to be like everybody else. All my friends, and almost everybody that I see using a phone on the street is using an Iphone. But when I pull out my phone everybody stairs and wonders what phone I have.
And I don't really want to deal with Itunes and all the restrictions that IOS
have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones