• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I got my Sprint Note 2!!! How about you.

Swyping on my Note 2! :)

Have to go back to work though, so more later! Oh, it's awesome!

Better late than never! Hehe

I still haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it and set it up yet because I worked late and now I'm trying to get things ready for a Halloween party we're having Saturday. I've already neglected a lot of my duties being on the forums the last couple of days. My anti-geek husband doesn't understand and I've gotten a few lectures, even by text message. Haha

If you recall I wasn't even 100% sure I was going to get it, but I decided to go ahead and take the Samsung plunge. I think getting used to the whole Samsung experience is going to be more time consuming than getting use to Jelly Bean, I see a lot of things I like already over Sense. I didn't even sign into Google to load my contacts until 30 minites ago, and I'm trying to get a good feel for stock everything before I load apps. I feel like I need to be open to the changes and this is the best way to do just that. I really really really miss my cursors though, that may be the first thing I have to do.

Sighhhh.. I guess I need to stop playing and get busy, so I'm going to go read a few more posts and then get to work.

More to come... Note 2 lover signing off for now!

Well... I did the dirty deed today and returned my Note 2 and restored my account to pre-upgrade. Although Sprint does have LTE here in Houston and I had no issues with signal at home, we went to our deer lease this weekend and 3g wasn't even always strong. I didn't have that issue with my Evo, so I'm guessing the weaker Samsung radios are a factor in that equation.

There was another guy on the ranch that had AT&T GS3 and his signal was strong. Sooo, because the phone is my deciding factor along with coverage, I felt like defecting was the right choice for me. It was SO hard to return the phone, but to be within the 14 days, I didn't want to push it and did it 2 days early.

Back to my Evo until Friday. Man this thing is tiny!!! Haha

Can I still visit in the Sprint section though? Gonna miss some of you. :(

Upvote 0
Well... I did the dirty deed today and returned my Note 2 and restored my account to pre-upgrade. Although Sprint does have LTE here in Houston and I had no issues with signal at home, we went to our deer lease this weekend and 3g wasn't even always strong. I didn't have that issue with my Evo, so I'm guessing the weaker Samsung radios are a factor in that equation.

There was another guy on the ranch that had AT&T GS3 and his signal was strong. Sooo, because the phone is my deciding factor along with coverage, I felt like defecting was the right choice for me. It was SO hard to return the phone, but to be within the 14 days, I didn't want to push it and did it 2 days early.

All good. We all need to go with our personal needs and if Sprint signal is that bad, where you need it, then best move for you is to go to another carrier. You're still getting the note 2, whichever one you decide on, right?

Upvote 0

You got to do.. What you got to do

Hope you find a good fit.. See you around

Upvote 0

Oh no say it isn't so.....:(

Upvote 0
Woops, left part of the post out when I was previewing it. I'll be in the AT&T store Friday for a new one. Husband and kids have their phones through them, so it will be cheaper to just add me there. Another benefit will be no cross-carrier loss of voice quality since all of them and all of my extended family have AT&T.

And Drex, OF COURSE I'll still get the Note 2! :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Woops, left part of the post out when I was previewing it. I'll be in the AT&T store Friday for a new one. Husband and kids have their phones through them, so it will be cheaper to just add me there. Another benefit will be no cross-carrier loss of voice quality since all of them and all of my extended family have AT&T.

And Drex, OF COURSE I'll still get the Note 2! :)

Girl, you're too much. Can you still visit us......you're switching carriers, not leaving the forums.....sheesh. :p
I caught that when you said Evo til Fri.

Upvote 0
Oh man it feels great to be back on androidforums! I've been away for about a year and a half. Missed android like crazy, but that will soon to change on Dec 2nd when I get my Note 2. Tried it out on Sunday at the Sprint store and was a little intimidated, but I need that huge battery in my life and the display and fluidity of Jelly Bean is AMAZING! Hopefully by Dec 2nd otterbox cases will be available on their site. Can't take any chances with this monster. So good to be back!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
So chase.....where you been for the past year?

Hey thank you for the info on the homescreen. I'll go check out the S3 forums. I decided to switch from my Evo to the iPhone for storage space, battery life and other features I felt my Evo was lacking at the time. Now I am ready for some LTE action which my 4S lacks and I miss Android like crazy. My mother just upgraded to the S2 last night and she held her phone up to mine and said "awe look at the little baby". Yes its bad when your 70 year old mother makes fun of your phone. She said she never could understand my obsession with technology until she held her phone for the first time. She is hooked on Android now (she had a Samsung Gravity prior). So needless to say I am tired of the size of my iPhone and the lack of customization. As I was setting up my mothers phone I was so jealous and Dec 2nd seems so far off even though its less than a month. Sorry for the long explanation :eek:

Upvote 0
Yeah, seems like it. I didn't even want to bother trying to contact them once I matched up the tracking number with the package I got that had just a USB cable.

This is the website guys. Seemed legit initially, even had a contact number and were very friendly. Nobody buy from these guys:
CostPi.com - Cheapest Prices on all Electronics!

That bites a big one; sorry it didn't pan out, and yes, Amex is top notch in buyer protection.

On a side note, that disappointment won't be felt much when you're enjoying the baddest of the bad! Note 2s to the rescue! :b

Upvote 0
Girl, you're too much. Can you still visit us......you're switching carriers, not leaving the forums.....sheesh. :p
I caught that when you said Evo til Fri.

Haha yeah I'll still be around the forum, but no mo Spank Now Network threads. I feel like a traitor leaving them after almost 16 years.

Still laughing at adjusting back to this teensy screen!

Upvote 0
Haha yeah I'll still be around the forum, but no mo Spank Now Network threads. I feel like a traitor leaving them after almost 16 years.

Still laughing at adjusting back to this teensy screen!

And THIS is exactly what I mean by carrier loyalty. You own them nothing. You've already given them 16 yrs of your life. When a phone cant work where you need it the most, it's time to do something different.

Besides, you're at the deer park with no reception. What if the deer needed to make a call? :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones