• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I have a brick.

QUOTE=mb01;1163491]This should be a good example and warning to all the people that are treading in unfamiliar waters. leaked software is NOT something to be messed around with. go through ALL the forums and make sure you read ABSOLUTELY EVERY THREAD RELATED TO WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL, ESPECIALLY AN UNOFFICIAL OTA THAT UPDATES YOUR RADIO AND HBOOT! otherwise you will end up with a brick. This isnt just "opening admin permissions"...and these forums all may seem filled with a bunch of super nerds that can make anything happen, but they cant. if something seems even remotely sketchy for you to do yourself, if you feel nervous about it at all, DONT DO IT. simple as that.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love this forum and the collective knowledge here (and especially love contributing where I can) but these turnkey solutions create a false sense of security sometimes I think. Overriding your phone's operating parameters should not be done casually or without a contingency plan. Everyone loves to help here but face it, we're mostly hacks with exactly enough knowledge to be dangerous. Please be careful out there. :)

Upvote 0
+1 Totally agree!! I ran a few of his ROMs on my Omnia. :D

Hey adrynalyne, any plans on making a Dinc rom?

Yes. I am just waiting on two things:

1. A Froyo leak thats for the DINC that includes proper Froyo drivers.
2. If not a true DINC Froyo kernel with highmem support, then the kernel source.

Until then, Froyo will not see its true potential or allow for all the hardware to work as its supposed to.

Then I will build an aosp ROM. I'm not too keen on copy and paste jobbies. No offense to the devs out there that do, just not my style.

I still have some aosp ROMs for the Moto Droid out there and on Rom Manager under the name Team Chaos. bgill55 and I (and later a few more) worked together on the project for a bit before parting ways (on good terms, of course).

Upvote 0
QUOTE=mb01;1163491]This should be a good example and warning to all the people that are treading in unfamiliar waters. leaked software is NOT something to be messed around with. go through ALL the forums and make sure you read ABSOLUTELY EVERY THREAD RELATED TO WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL, ESPECIALLY AN UNOFFICIAL OTA THAT UPDATES YOUR RADIO AND HBOOT! otherwise you will end up with a brick. This isnt just "opening admin permissions"...and these forums all may seem filled with a bunch of super nerds that can make anything happen, but they cant. if something seems even remotely sketchy for you to do yourself, if you feel nervous about it at all, DONT DO IT. simple as that.

I absolutely love this forum and the collective knowledge here (and especially love contributing where I can) but these turnkey solutions create a false sense of security sometimes I think. Overriding your phone's operating parameters should not be done casually or without a contingency plan. Everyone loves to help here but face it, we're mostly hacks with exactly enough knowledge to be dangerous. Please be careful out there. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, I agree. Thats why this is supposed to be considered a hacker's forum. Nothing here is really....safe :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones