• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have a sealed HTC Desire X, is it worth anything these days?

remion

Lurker
Feb 11, 2022
a title

Attachments

• IMG_1472.jpeg
    IMG_1472.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 115
I'm sure it was a top-end phone back in the day. But I think a ten year old 2G/3G phone isn't really worth anything now, and probably won't really be usable and supported by much. Keep it sealed, it might be a collectable antique one day.
Unfortunately it was never a top-end phone. Although "Desire" was HTC's flagship brand in 2010 and 2011 (Desire, Desire HD, Desire S, Desire Z) in 2012 HTC changed their branding: the 2012 flagships were the One X and the One S, while the Desire C, Desire V and Desire X were budget models (after which "Desire" always indicated a low-end HTC).

(My wife had a HTC Desire C. It really was hard to believe that that POS came from the same people who a few months later made the HTC One - a real shame that they lost their way so badly).

I still have the original Desire in a drawer, but I as it was heavily used I don't hold out much hope of it being collectable (though maybe having the long-discontinued and always niche Redux 2 ROM on it will make it more unique? I doubt the fact that it is my own customisation of that ROM will add to the value though).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones