• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I have a very serious problem that i think no one can solve.

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

hi, i bought a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, everything is working fine except it's memory, it's internal storage is just 60 MB and main Storage is just 16 MB so i have to use a SD card and install my apps in it. I wiped data but everytime i get 10 mb internal memory free out of 60 MB. if i can get about 25 mb free it will work fine but i have to uninstall some system apps in order to do that i have to root my device but odin mode is not working at all. i have installed adb and i can connect my device through usb and working fine. i used some rooting apps like kingroot, vroot, iroot both in pc and the device itself but still i can't root my devce.

Can you give me any way to root my device without odin mode and increase my iternal storage.
Is there any way to root device with recovery mode.

I have tried about 100 methods but still i can't root it.

Please Help Me!!!

Reactions: Apkslot
Can you take a screenshot of your internal storage? Galaxy Grand Prime have 8gb of internal storage so I'm having a hard time believing that its only have that much unless you already filled it up with a lot of stuffs and with that you're now looking for a method to increase your internal storage via rooting which is impossible.

Upvote 0
Unless it's a knock-off, and there's something funky going on with internal storage, like it really is only 60MB free, and the firmware has been doctored to lie about it. That has been documented with counterfeit Samsungs before.

Can you confirm the kernel version string, specifically if it has "KST" and not "CST" in the build date and time. Just in case it's a fake. You'll find it in, settings > about device.

Storage Truth should give us a better idea of what's going on here with your phone's memory.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sa.storagetruth
Install it and post back the results.

Upvote 0
Yeah i know it's a fake phone because i bought it for $30 but everything is working fine i can play very serious games and i can use it's 3g i mean everythings i as real as a real phone but i need to root it to use sd card as an internal storage. do you know any way to root it with recovery mode or anything except odin mode???

Upvote 0
Well if it's a fake you've got, forget anything to do with Odin, because it's NOT a Samsung, it's Chinese.

You could try things like Framaroot.

Do at your own risk! We are not responsible for your device!

There's no definitive information available for fakes, so if rooting goes wrong, and irreparably damages the firmware or even bricks the device, you'll be buying a new phone.

/thread

Upvote 0
Well actually every Android is potentially rootable, by various methods, and if you had a real Samsung Core Prime and NOT a cheapo fake from an unknown manuacturer, you might have had it done by now, using proven known methods and tools, like Odin. But given what you've got, good luck, you're own your own, that's it...end of!

Next question.... Can you read and understand technical Chinese and use Baidu?

Mike ...your Guide to Chinese Androids.

Last edited:
Reactions: zixxorb
Upvote 0
I think that's it for this thread. It's like playing guessing games with you. The kernel version *may* provide a clue as to the identity of the device but you haven't provided this. You appear to have tried all one click root apps so there's little else that can be done.

The OP didn't even tell it was a phoney, and not a real Samsung at the start. Which would have saved some time I think. And I had ideas it could be a counterfeit.

Anyway I'm done here...

bye..have fun. :)

Upvote 0
Yeah i know it's a fake phone because i bought it for $30 but everything is working fine i can play very serious games and i can use it's 3g i mean everythings i as real as a real phone but i need to root it to use sd card as an internal storage. do you know any way to root it with recovery mode or anything except odin mode???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hi guys thanks for your replies, and i'm sorry if i didn't provide much information. i couldn't take a screenshot so here are some information about my device from about device in settings:
Device Name: Galaxy Grand Prime
Model number: SM-G530H
Android Version: 4.4.4
Baseband Version: G530HXCU1AOA2

Kernal Version:
3.10.28-356303
dpi@SWDD5620#1
Wed Jan 14 16:07:52 KST 2015

Build Number: KTU84PG530HXCU1AOA2
SE for Android Status:
Enforcing
SEPF_SM G530H_4.4.4_0033

When i go to recovery mode and select install from sdcard i get error says scatter problem. i used:
SuperSU-v2.61-20151207213702.zip

Upvote 0
hi, i bought a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, everything is working fine except it's memory, it's internal storage is just 60 MB and main Storage is just 16 MB so i have to use a SD card and install my apps in it. I wiped data but everytime i get 10 mb internal memory free out of 60 MB. if i can get about 25 mb free it will work fine but i have to uninstall some system apps in order to do that i have to root my device but odin mode is not working at all. i have installed adb and i can connect my device through usb and working fine. i used some rooting apps like kingroot, vroot, iroot both in pc and the device itself but still i can't root my devce.

Can you give me any way to root my device without odin mode and increase my iternal storage.
Is there any way to root device with recovery mode.

I have tried about 100 methods but still i can't root it.

Upvote 0
Kernal Version:
3.10.28-356303
dpi@SWDD5620#1

The kernel build date probably means it's unrootable using most of the traditional methods, sorry. Kingoroot and framaroot used exploits which worked on devices with a kernel build date prior to June 2014.

I rarely suggest it as it loads your phone with crapware, installs its own version of SuperUser and , but there are other tools you could try. I would strongly advise against, but it depends on how desperate you are to root?

Upvote 0
I am not desperate. I have rooted many devices but it's the first time that i am facing a challenge and i want to complete this challenge.

Here are some photos of this device if you don't have a third eye you will not know that it's a clone!!

Attachments

• IMG_20151210_140614.jpg
    IMG_20151210_140614.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20151210_140630.jpg
    IMG_20151210_140630.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20151210_140644.jpg
    IMG_20151210_140644.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones